MQA, Worse than FLAC?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Ok I’ll reply in a few but for now it’s are not just bits. i also will
say for now sone dacs handle imbedded meta data worse and can be noisey
also there are 2
min types of wav and flac no matter what is still not the same even if uncompressed
the 2
type of wav is wav64 I think it has no compression with no features to make it period.
I’ll compose a good
post on this today. But I do thank you for any discussion
Let's assume we will only discuss uncompressed WAV; I don't there is a difference in metadata capability, or really anything except maximum file size, between W64, RF64 and "standard" WAV. FWIW, WAV is the default file format for PCM mastering. For storage, archiving and transmission in the recording industry, FLAC is often used, then uncompressed to WAV for use in mastering.

Alrainbow

Dec 12, 2013
NYC , USA
Let's assume we will only discuss uncompressed WAV; I don't there is a difference in metadata capability, or really anything except maximum file size, between W64, RF64 and "standard" WAV. FWIW, WAV is the default file format for PCM mastering. For storage, archiving and transmission in the recording industry, FLAC is often used, then uncompressed to WAV for use in mastering.
Funny look up ps audio direct steam my name and many said yes they too heard noise on wav

Alrainbow

Dec 12, 2013
NYC , USA
Flac also is uncompressed off toy check the box on options
but does have an option to compress. the why is I hear it. also in converting iso files into tracks you can try all and pick
im not claiming up special lol maybe short bus type. but there are a few on here one who does mastering did say he can hear but depth
and varying resolutions

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Flac also is uncompressed off toy check the box on options
but does have an option to compress. the why is I hear it. also in converting iso files into tracks you can try all and pick
im not claiming up special lol maybe short bus type. but there are a few on here one who does mastering did say he can hear but depth
and varying resolutions
Yes, FLAC uncompressed is very similar to AIFF. FLAC compressed is often used for archiving, frequently used for transmitting audio files (to then be uncompressed before use). I don't understand the rest of what you posted.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing