Model number for Von Schweikert Speakers

smartiebk

Aug 13, 2019
Hi there !

I came across a pair of Von Schweikert speakers. Unfortunately, the speaker boxes do not have any information related to the model number. Each speaker has ~4 woofers (~6.5 inches) and 6 bullet tweeters.

Does anyone of us have any idea about the model number of these speakers ? Any information would be greatly helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuwan

Attachments

• IMG-20190806-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20190806-WA0012.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20190807-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20190807-WA0016.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 17

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Hi there !

I came across a pair of Von Schweikert speakers. Unfortunately, the speaker boxes do not have any information related to the model number. Each speaker has ~4 woofers (~6.5 inches) and 6 bullet tweeters.

Does anyone of us have any idea about the model number of these speakers ? Any information would be greatly helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuwan

Those are not on our website. We designed those to be used in home theaters as line array surrounds. They are actually pretty awesome. The bullet tweeters are heavily modified and don't sound like typical bullet tweeters. They are extremely smooth. We have built many of those for Karaoke clubs that usually have our Shockwave Subs integrated into the system. I never gave it a model number lol.

smartiebk

Aug 13, 2019
Many thanks Leif for confirming that these were built by VSA.

It would be very helpful for me if you could please provide some information regarding the frequency response, crossover, impedance, power handling, sensitivity and any other important spec you are aware of for this model. Do you recommend that these can be used as front speakers in a 12x16 feet room.

Once again, many thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuwan

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Many thanks Leif for confirming that these were built by VSA.

It would be very helpful for me if you could please provide some information regarding the frequency response, crossover, impedance, power handling, sensitivity and any other important spec you are aware of for this model. Do you recommend that these can be used as front speakers in a 12x16 feet room.

Once again, many thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuwan
Those are designed to work with a sub so you get the deep bass. That speaker was tuned for 32 Hz if memory serves. I'm not in the office today so I can't look at the design computer to see the measurements. But should be 32Hz-30k +/- 3db. It's obviously a sealed enclosure that will give you a 12db roll-off on the bass. It is a 4 ohm speaker and I believe we crossed over around 2500 Hz. with 4th order acoustical. It will work great for main right and left front speakers but integrating a sub into the system taking 50 Hz and below will really complete the system. Again, those were designed for home theater and night clubs. The line array design makes them absolutely incredible as main, sidefill, rear surrounds, and ceiling speakers. We have set up several nightclubs with these mounted all around the room. I think they are around 90db sensitivity. 200 watts per channel will work great but less will be fine. I prefer to have more power.

smartiebk

Aug 13, 2019
Many thanks for sharing this information Leif. From the specs, I feel that these are the ones I was looking for. I have Thiel ss2 subwoofer with the specs as mentioned in the attachment. I feel it should integrate well with these speakers. For amplification, I have classic 6.6 and two Audiolab 8200mb(monoblocks) rated at 250w into 8 ohms. Hope the Audiolab 8200mb should be able to do the heavy lifting.

I might sound a bit greedy to ask for the detailed measurements, but I am very curious to know about these in greater detail. Looking forward for the detailed measurements. :)

Once again, many thanks for helping me out with the details. I am highly obliged.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuwan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831-014932_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831-014932_Chrome.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 5

smartiebk

Aug 13, 2019
Hi @Leif S

I bought these speakers based after your confirmation that these are VSA speakers. Bass is ok but mids and highs are quite laid back. The JBL monitors I have have much better mids and treble than these. Is it because of the amplifiers (classic 6.6 and Audiolab 8200mb) that I am using ?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuwan

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing