Miyajima Takumi, Fremer reviews it in the current Stereophile, Breuninger mounts it.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Mounting the Miyajima Takumi. This is one of the best cartridges I've ever heard. It has a perfect detail to musical balance. AND! It's only $1,800. It offers a magic midrange with walloping low frequencies and clearly defined trebles.

I have it into an Ypsilon MC16 Step-up transformer, then into the Ypsilon Phone stage then into the Audio Note M10 Signature feeding a pair of Audionet Max amplifiers. The loudspeakers continue to be the outstanding YG Sonjas. Perhaps the best record playing system I've ever heard.

takumi.jpg

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
The Kansui is a truly wonderful cartridge, so if the Takumi is remotely close, it is a fantastic bargain.

lakeallen

Jul 25, 2013
WA State
Kind of out of the blue but... anybody have a PDF or good link to the Fremer review of the Takumi? Looked high and low on the internet and cant find the actual article.

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

zog

Oct 9, 2013
Miyajima

I have not actually heard one but I'll bet the ebony has something to do with it. When I put an ebony armboard on my TT it did something for the sound, and likewise the only time I have ever heard a difference with headshells is the Yamamoto HS1A that is made from African Blackwood - similar to Ebony. I was surprised but I guess I should not have been; after all they make musical instruments from the stuff - piano keys, oboes, clarinets.

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
As a Kansui owner, I believe, Kansui is a very good performer. For the price you get many things from the best cartridges. My initial findings about Kansui was not that really good, I listened with Asr, AR ref2se, Burmester and one of my friend used with ar ref10 phono(he sold the kansui). But when I started to listen with Ypsilon custom made SUT and Ypsilon phono pre, it sounds much much better. Anyone planning to use kansui must consider a sut imho.

Although Kansui is a very good cartrdige,it is not the best cartridge, not even close. I believe in its price range it is very competitive.