MIT Oracle MA digital vs MA-X digital?

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Hello Guys!
I am using MIT Oracle MA rca spdif cable with articulation selector. I found such cable is totally enjoyable for me with neutral tonal balance, very deep, articulate with smooth details.
But, the top line of such series is digital MA-X and on the photo it’s looks absolutely similar )
Does anyone compare directly MA vs MA-X ?
Maybe it hasn’t sense )
My audiophile worm continue to gnaw me, how much can there be a strong difference between MA and MA-X ?
Thanks.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Are you sure you're not getting yourself confused? To my knowledge, anything with an articulation selector is in the MA-X line. I looked up the MA digital version 2 and there is no articulator:

https://mitcables.com/product/oracle-ma-rev-2-digital-interconnect-sp-dif/
Hello Bar81,
I think Rev 2 is a new version without selector. This is marketing ))) Lol

I have exactly same example like MA-X ))
So, i wonder how is difference between MA and MA-X
I have an idea that is absolutely similar cables
))

Attachments

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Interesting. Best to ask MIT as it's probably a model that was produced just before MA-X. It will depend on whether they were just refining the performance for the MA-X (performance very similar) or it was just a basis for the MA-X design (large difference in performance).

Based on my experience with interconnects, there is no real difference between MA and MA-X interconnects (even the latest MA-X are a touch faster than the MA - otherwise identical performance - but to hear even that difference you need to be using a full loom of the latest MA-X ICs with the new ACC SCs) if you are not using the articulation switch (keeping it at 0). You seem to be using the articulation switch so there might be a large difference.

Last edited:

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Yeah,
I am using articulation switch, i have already tried all positions, i prefer to add some articulation. So just use position 5.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing