Reactions: timztunz

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Do we have access to any technical literature on them?

Micro, not sure what technical literature you're seeking. I believe the readily published information is on the Stillpoints site, here. It's worth a read.

Apertures are patented, filed 2014, granted July 11, 2017. cf. here. From my understanding, changes in version 2 are not fundamental to the design. The panel is patented in such a way that its ebodiment can take many forms.

I met the inventor who came to my house and heard my system with Apertures in a trial position, different from where they are today. He is a well established acoustician who does work for a variety of large industrial applications, including NASA. Also from my understanding, most dealers carrying the Aperture let you take home several panel to try. They include 3M strips that allow temporary hanging on a wall and they are relatively light weight. Experimentation is easy. If you have access, I'd encourage you to try them if the need is there.

I have no interest in or association to Stillpoints. Out the various audio infrastructure components in my room (electric, acoustic, vibration), the Apertures are easily make the biggest positive contribution to the sound I get.

Reactions: belancer

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Apertures truly work. Here is my room in 2013 - several equipments have changed since then but the Apertures remain today.

View attachment 54164

Lot's of info in this WBF thread: Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic Panels
Hi again - I have swapped my Aperture 1s for IIs and am in a conundrum about how to configure them on my front wall. The attached picture shows the old configuration. I currently have 3 stacked in the middle only and am wondering if you have any guidance on where to try the next ones. Is the picture of your room here still representative of how you have them configured? Since my panel speakers radiate back as well as forward, Paul has given me stands to mount panels to put behind the panels. I guess I'll try that but am still confused as to what to try next. 20211030_173234.jpg

PNOS1

Nov 23, 2022
Hi again - I have swapped my Aperture 1s for IIs and am in a conundrum about how to configure them on my front wall. The attached picture shows the old configuration. I currently have 3 stacked in the middle only and am wondering if you have any guidance on where to try the next ones. Is the picture of your room here still representative of how you have them configured? Since my panel speakers radiate back as well as forward, Paul has given me stands to mount panels to put behind the panels. I guess I'll try that but am still confused as to what to try next. View attachment 87142
Wow so many Aperture`s. How i it going? Any update?
I am interested in these too!
Pete

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing