Michael Fremer Joins The Absolute Sound

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Easily the best deal I have done so far in my role. We have some really cool and exclusive content lined up for the Summer and Fall.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
congrats Lee, on this formidable addition to Absolute Sound. and also congrats to Michael Fremer for this move and hope it is great for him. i know where i will look first in future AS magazines when they arrive.

i will miss Michael's writings in Stereophile and hope they can somehow fill that void as best they can.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
congrats Lee, on this formidable addition to Absolute Sound. and also congrats to Michael Fremer for this move and hope it is great for him. i know where i will look first in future AS magazines when they arrive.

i will miss Michael's writings in Stereophile and hope they can somehow fill that void as best they can.

Thanks Mike!

Reactions: Fred Crane

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Lee, to you and to the entire team at the absolute sound and to Michael!

PS: The press release lists numerous gentlemen as "expert editors." But only Jonathan and Neil on this list are listed as "Editors" on the absolute sound masthead. Each of the other gentlemen on the press release list is listed on the masthead as a "Senior Writer." I know the list in the press release is prefaced with "including," so the list is not exhaustive, but why wasn't my very dear friend Don Saltzman, a very long-time reviewer for the absolute sound, included on this list of senior writers in the press release?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Crane

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Michael Fremer Launches TrackingAngle.com

New site and exciting YouTube channel to bring outstanding reviews, articles, and interviews to global online audiences

Wyckoff, NJ—June 16th, 2022—Veteran audio journalist and music writer/critic Michael Fremer will launch the website TrackingAngle.com, the new online home of the pioneering 90s- era print magazine The Tracking Angle that will cover vinyl records and all things analog. The site is expected to go live in late Summer 2022. As this new venture begins, Fremer will move on from AnalogPlanet.com, the vinyl record-centric website he conceived and edited since its creation more than a decade ago.

“I am excited to create the most comprehensive online platform driven by my passion for analog playback,” said TrackingAngle founder Michael Fremer.“ Our content will focus on affordable gear, with an emphasis on turntables, phono cartridges, and phono preamps, reviews of recorded music, interviews with musicians and audio industry experts, and so much more.”

The TrackingAngle YouTube channel will resume immediately broadcasting Fremer’s unique brand of analog-centric knowledge, insight, and humor that attracted over 50,000 subscribers to his previous channel, featuring videos that have received more than a half-million views.
Joining Fremer on the website will be over a dozen writers who helped make his previous site a “must visit” for vinyl record devotees and music lovers. Also teaming with Fremer are former TTA partners Nick Despotopoulos and David L’Heureux (Groovy Collectibles LLC) who will run all aspects of website operation and handle advertising sales.

Additionally, “Tracking Angle” was Fremer’s first audiophile music review column, published in the late ‘80s in The Absolute Sound magazine, to which Fremer is returning as Senior Editor. The new website will feature “vintage content” from his TAS column and The Tracking
Angle magazine. Following The Beatles’ late-career admonition, Fremer says he is “getting back to where he once belonged.”
page1image42736000
For more information and to register for the mailing list to receive launch notifications, please visit www.trackingangle.com.
Media contact:
Michael Fremer
michael@trackingangle.com

Advertising contact:
Nick Despotopoulos
nick@groovycollectibles.com

Jep

VIP/Donor
Jan 27, 2012
The best hifi/high end magazine just got better, congratulations to all parties. Although I am not a vinyl guy I do enjoy Michaels writing a lot.

JP
Very longtime TAS subscriber

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Sad to say goodbye to Analog Planet but, very happy to say hello to the new Tracking Angle!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The best hifi/high end magazine just got better, congratulations to all parties. Although I am not a vinyl guy I do enjoy Michaels writing a lot.

JP
Very longtime TAS subscriber
Thanks for subscribing Jep!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: sujay and Lee

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I always enjoy Uncle Mikey wherever he lands. Does this mean vinyl has plateaued?

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I always enjoy Uncle Mikey wherever he lands. Does this mean vinyl has plateaued?

Not at all, on a call with a research firm now that suggests vinyl is here to stay.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Not at all, on a call with a research firm now that suggests vinyl is here to stay.
That is good news. Keep the pressure on digital to improve. I hope Analog Planet also survives.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I was vaguely aware of the stats. They were unable to discern the percentage of new users vs current users supplementing their current library.

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
Glad to read Tracking Angle is making a return. I missed out on the print version but visited the website in the 2000's quite often when I started getting into vinyl again.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I subscribe to both the absolute sound and stereophile. Love them both, and read everything, even the ads.

Reactions: slowGEEZR and Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Glad to read Tracking Angle is making a return. I missed out on the print version but visited the website in the 2000's quite often when I started getting into vinyl again.
I am excited to see what Michael comes up with. Tracking Angle will have a focus on affordable analog gear.

Reactions: RnRmf

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Hi @Lee -- a quick TAS question. Is there an index or list of the table of contents for each issue?

In issue 94 there is an HP article titled 'The Essay Part III'. I'm looking for parts 1-2 and the promised part 4.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing