Merry Christmas ‘22

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
7E5AFE17-C70D-4860-869A-E1CFC8E945C9.jpeg
A very Merry Christmas to all, from Bob & Karen at the Vineyard Lodge (aka Rhapsody Out West).

This years tree was a monster, it took four men to get it upright. Measures in at about 13‘ tall, I had to use my Kubota tractor to get it to the door. From our place here in Oregon City, within about a 10 mile radius well over a million Christmas trees. Next door to the tree farm where we harvested this bad boy, there was a helicopter moving bundles of trees from the far corner of the farm up to where they were being loaded into semi trailers for destinations all over the USA. Very fun to watch the chopper pilot he was so fast and efficient wasted no time.

jwhite613

Feb 3, 2012
New Mexico
View attachment 101899
A very Merry Christmas to all, from Bob & Karen at the Vineyard Lodge (aka Rhapsody Out West).

This years tree was a monster, it took four men to get it upright. Measures in at about 13‘ tall, I had to use my Kubota tractor to get it to the door. From our place here in Oregon City, within about a 10 mile radius well over a million Christmas trees. Next door to the tree farm where we harvested this bad boy, there was a helicopter moving bundles of trees from the far corner of the farm up to where they were being loaded into semi trailers for destinations all over the USA. Very fun to watch the chopper pilot he was so fast and efficient wasted no time.
Merry Christmas, one word gorgeous

Reactions: Bobvin

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Merry Christmas to you and yours, to all of the WBF members. Enjoy time with family and friends.

Tom

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

And to you and yours Merry Christmas, Bob.

It certainly looks like a fine tree beautifully decorated. I can imagine you up on a ladder!

As we typically do, went to the tree farm and cut one down - smaller than 13 feet.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Merry Christmas to all y'all!
Neg 6 degrees here, neg 35 degrees wind chill, wind 20-30 mph, power finally back on, all good!

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
It certainly looks like a fine tree beautifully decorated. I can imagine you up on a ladder!
My audio buddies help get the damn thing up, it was quite a struggle.
D80071AE-4649-4621-B14C-5BB555C34670.jpeg

And this year I tried something new, I set up my scaffold which was a wise decision saving a lot of teetering anxiety. As always, supervision provided by Merlin.cat.

4D9BE736-8107-4753-AD31-38F496C33D81.jpeg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Bob, how are the well-hidden speakers in the tree connected? USB, SPIDF or wireless??
Heh heh, I like the way you think, but alas the music comes up from the floor below. The right place to be with a fabulous glass of vino!

4D747483-036A-41E8-BEDF-8CC08849EF9C.jpeg

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Merry Christmas to all WBF members ??

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Time to crank up Handel's Messiah. An audiophile friend suggested three versions in addition to the one we usually listen to, so this will be a multi-day experience. Ok, so it isn't like at Carnegie Hall (long ago), but no braving the snow and extreme cold either.

Reactions: tima and Bobvin

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Please go easy on food, s*x and alcohol today guys, it's Jesus' birthday not yours

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
Merry Christmas to all, families and friends.
Let's all be happy with what we have and grateful to be sharing this lovely hobby that brings us closer to one another!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
like we say in Norway:
Jesus sure couldn´t be born in Sweden; they neither have three wise men, nor a virgin

Merry X-mas to you all from Drøbak, Norway...home of Santa
No virgins? The men may not be wise, but they know something.

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Last edited:
Reactions: tima

jdza

May 3, 2010
Best wishes of the season from these horns:

As they, in 2023 enter the third decade of continuous service they, despite what the armchair experts and naysayers say, must be doing something right. However, they were vastly inspired by the thoughts of Marcel Rogerro. As we shared no common language, I never thanked him properly before he died. I also need to thank the grainy pictures posted on Thomas Dunker's (sic?) grainy and long-gone site that inspired this. Also the manufacturers and knowledgeable people who jumped in. Some of these are long gone or very old. So thank you to these for the many years of musical joy: The people from Iconic (Altec 515 reproductions). Denis Daldal for supplying the rare TADs, Simeon Gold who persuaded JBL to manufacture and supply a, then, obsolete keystone, Marchand for the design of a line-level passive, oddball crossover, Karel Schees (Carolus here) for his experience and knowledge, Rene Simmond and Shinichi Tanaka (from Goto-now retired), architects and unnamed structural engineers and others

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing