MConnect HD Problems

NC Lee

Oct 23, 2014
NC
MControl Control HD in iPad.
All worked well for a couple of weeks until one day the Vitus integrated does not show up as a "Play To" entry under Devices- as it once did. It is present on the Airplay list, and works from there- so it is on the same network.
I did refresh Devices with the circle/arrow. Only my iPad shows as a device.
So, I loaded the free version on a different iPad with the same result.
I am trying out a Meitner MA3 DAC and am getting the same result on both iPads.
How do I get the amp or DAC to display as a Device again, so I can use Qobuz within the app and get the best sound quality?
[Is Airplay of lesser quality than using the app or is it the same connection? AAR, it is yet more cumbersome to do so than the already cumbersome MConnect app proper.]
Ideas?
Thx

*MConnect is a weak performer, gets a 2.6/5 rating in the App store... and I agree. So, why do these high end mfg rely on such a weak interface?
I send a Contact help request to MConnect. I got back crickets.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing