MB100 and Flash

Golucid

Jun 11, 2015
Nevada
I own the McIntosh MB100 and acquired the unit in March 2015.

There are multiple ways to interact with the unit.

*Browser Interface using Flash
*Smart device APP using either Android or IOS
*Apple AirPlay

Recently, in January 2021, Adobe terminated Flash, and therefore using a browser interface is not possible. Thus, using native Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Safari will not render Flash.

Has anyone learned of a workaround to use Flash for legacy devices?

I am both a PC and an Apple Mac user. And for the time being, I am able to manipulate Flash by using an old backup edition of Windows 10 Version 1803 via Parallels and therefore able to engage the MB100. It would be nice to natively use the browsers without launching an old virtual machine such as Windows 10 from some years ago.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

rickh

Jun 15, 2023
I own the McIntosh MB100 and acquired the unit in March 2015.

There are multiple ways to interact with the unit.

*Browser Interface using Flash
*Smart device APP using either Android or IOS
*Apple AirPlay

Recently, in January 2021, Adobe terminated Flash, and therefore using a browser interface is not possible. Thus, using native Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Safari will not render Flash.

Has anyone learned of a workaround to use Flash for legacy devices?

I am both a PC and an Apple Mac user. And for the time being, I am able to manipulate Flash by using an old backup edition of Windows 10 Version 1803 via Parallels and therefore able to engage the MB100. It would be nice to natively use the browsers without launching an old virtual machine such as Windows 10 from some years ago.

Suggestions?
Yes, I have ran into the same problem. I had an email conversation with someone at Autonomics (they wrote the software for the MB100 for Mac) and they kept telling me to hold on as Mac had them working on an update so I did, checking back every month or so for around a year. Then one day the person at the other end got cold and told me there would be no update for the MB100 and that is all he could say. After doing some research I found that Mac did actually update their other streamers software but left the MB100 out. Try to emailing Mac directly and you will get no response at all. I have all Mac components and I will not be making that mistake again. Lots of issues with their equipment over the past 5 years. Have you been able to make Apple Airplay work? I cannot get logged into Apple ITunes, Deezer or Tidal, and since these are the only ones that have loss less streaming, it make the MB100 pretty useless. Have you been able to make Apple Airplay work?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing