Mary Queen of Scots

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Just returned from seeing Mary Queen of Scots. It may not be historically correct but it is an excellent film. Saoirse Ronan gives another superior performance (Brooklyn, Lady Bird) solidifying her position as one of the finest actors of the current generation. She has a way of just owning the screen. Margot Robbie follows up her role in "I, Tonya" with a good performance as Queen Elizabeth. The two Queens appear to have two very different personalities yet faced many of the same problems from those who surrounded them.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I'll see this movie but it kills me that they altered history so aggressively as to showing them meet in person. That fact that they waged this battle in spite of never meeting in person.

Disappointing.

Reactions: Johnny Vinyl

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I'll see this movie but it kills me that they altered history so aggressively as to showing them meet in person. That fact that they waged this battle in spite of never meeting in person.

Disappointing.

As noted if you are able to disregard the historical discrepancies the way they built up the issues between the two was entertaining and their brief meeting made some sense in this context.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
As noted if you are able to disregard the historical discrepancies the way they built up the issues between the two was entertaining and their brief meeting made some sense in this context.

This was not a critique of your posting as you correctly noted the fast and loose take on historical events. So much effort goes into these productions and the actors give there all, I'll never understand why they fell the need to take license with actual events.

The worst offence was The Darkest Hour with Gary Oldman. To create drama, they depicted Churchill as wavering in his resolve to seek terms with the Nazi's. This never happened, Churchill was steadfast in his desire to fight the Nazi's to the bitter end. This transgression of history and Churchill's memory is inexcusable.

Anyway, thanks for posting, I'll get off my soapbox.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing