Mark Levinson Master Class software

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I'm curious about this Mac software -- a combination of EQ and something called A+.

The A+ is purported to "fill in the steps" of the PCM sine wave to reduce the fatigue purported to result from listening to PCM.

I personally am not aware of PCM induced fatigue if it's a good recording, but might be interested to try a free trial of A+.
As far as I can surmise, it's based on Richard Burwen's high frequency reverberation creator (or something like that). The results are said to be "subtle" but significant....

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
Sounds like snake oil to me there are no steps in a PCM converted sine wave. It also has a crude EQ component that you can save for each track. More like a "sophisticated" tone control. It was compared to the Chord Palette.

Rob :)

wil

Jul 22, 2015
The EQ is basically a software implementation of his Cello Pallete.
I think this could be useful, but I'm not using a Mac server.

His explanation of the A+ is vague and I also don't get his reference to the PCM sine wave being stepped. Maybe someone can explain what he might be referring to?

But even if the marketing is questionable, the A+ high frequency reverberation/ambiance algorithm may sound good. Maybe worth a free demo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing