Llano/White Audio amps

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Anyone ever own one of these? Any recent word on Randy White, the designer?

Bought a White Audio A-100 at Sound by Singer a million years ago, outpointed a Krell at 3x the price driving Wilsons there and anything else. It was upgraded by Randy over time into a Llano Trinity 200w hybrid. Owned it for many years, had to spend alot more, ARC Ref 210s, to seriously beat it. It developed a hum in one channel, CC Poon of Monarchy Audio fame who used to rep Llano overseas, replaced two of the transformers but it's still a bit noisy in one channel. Still use a Trinity 3 channel for HT.

The amps run in 100% Class A, and I found them to be killer values w/a really special balance of attributes. Texas-sized transformers (as befits there place of manufacturer/designer sensibilities) and power storage capability, killer bass yet with the delicacy and liquidity you get w/Class A. As above, anyone heard these or have any info? Randy alienated some people w/his business practices -- he was no doubt slow, but came through for me anyway.

Last edited:

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Bought from Andy Singer, amp was designed by Randy White.

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
I was just having this discussion with a friend of mine. Give me a couple of days and I will see if he knows where Randy is. His dealer is/was personal friends with him.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Great -- would love to hear what you find out. He was ahead of his time as a designer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing