Living Voice: can you tell me something about ?

Martin7

Mar 10, 2014
Hello,
can you tell me something about your SOUND experience with these speakers?

What do you think about the Living Voice speakers?

How many differences in the sound reproduction between the Auditorium mk2 and the Avatar IBX-RW ?
Do you think the price difference is justified ?
How much of the LV sound i can get with the entry model Auditorium mk2 ?

thanks,
Martin.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IMO, the models you mentioned are very quick and energetic. Real toe tappers. While very sensitive and can easily be driven by 300B amps, I find them a bit lean with only 8 watts. I would go 211,845 or class A solid state like a Pass XA30.5 or XA60.5 or a Valvet A3cr or A4.

The IBX are more refined than the Auditorium, and has more body. IMO the price difference is justified. I think of it as a BMW 328i vs an M3 or a ML C350 vs a C63 AMG. They look alike, but they're not.

HTH

Jack

I Have no connection whatsoever with Living Voice. :)

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
I agree with Jack. The Auditorium series can be a bit shy if not driven properly. They don't need a lot to come alive, but if going for 300B it should be a unit on the more "powerful" side of the spectrum. For broader and less restricted use, I'd recommend something more versatile. I've had great results with integrated amps from Ayon and VTL recently (Tube), but also Densen (SS). I'm awaiting an Accuphase E-600 (Class-A) which should work beautifully with the IBX-RW. Living voice will deliver an embracing, engaging and very musical presentation when setup properly. They will work in most rooms (even near field) partnered with a broad range of electronics, but to reach their full potential you need to spend some time with them - which is a treat indeed :)

I'm representing Living Voice in Scandinavia.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

Martin7

Mar 10, 2014
Hi Peter,
thank you .

I've saw many interesting videos on Youtube from you.

I'm interesting in :
LV IBX ( OBX )
Horning Eufrodite
Avatgarde Uno G2
Zingali studio monitor 215

Do you know those speakers?

Did you listen to them?

Are there important differences in the sound between them?

Which are the weakness of those speakers?

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Here in the UK there are plenty who enjoy Living Voice speakers.

By reputation they work best when driven by (at least) modestly powered tube amplification with lots of current.

I've heard OBX on many occaisions, mostly in middle to smaller rooms. Two guys I know own them, one with high end Kondo another with a variation there of. They can sound delicious, rich, textured delivering all that wonderful bloom that some of the very best tube amps can present and in spades. It can make for an entertaining and very engaging listen. There's a but though, for me it's a big one. I've yet to hear a pair deliver natural , weighty bass, perhaps if the diet was chamber music, folk etc this might not be a problem. With a mixed repertoire these speakers warrant careful audition to see whether the low end works for you in your room.

Good speakers and and I know of a few guys who love theirs, on the basis of what I've heard I could never live with a pair, both valid points of view. Hope you get to hear some, best of luck

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Peter,
thank you .

I've saw many interesting videos on Youtube from you.

I'm interesting in :
LV IBX ( OBX )
Horning Eufrodite
Avatgarde Uno G2
Zingali studio monitor 215

Do you know those speakers?

Did you listen to them?

Are there important differences in the sound between them?

Which are the weakness of those speakers?

I have heard all except the Horning. Not a fan, though if you get a good used pair worth it. These are all partial horns, and while I love big horns the smaller ones don't impress me at all. If it was a budget thing I would go planar, or find someone who can build horns and give him specs

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing