Lineartonearm4

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
Hello ,everyone,i have just joined the forum ,luv sound ,in the last month i have put together my own direct drive t table tonearm concept and have also made three linear tonearms,and am almost finished the fourth,one for each of the elements earth ,air ,fire, and water as they all work off a different concept,they are also made entirely of recycled junk,my sl 120,s with sme arms sit idle ,as they all sound so good,anyway nuff brag if anyone is interested, i am keen to share my artwork, with everyone ,And meet someone in the audio bis that may want to develop an idea or two?I also have a new instrument to offer the world,and am keen to meet a brass player,that could demo it,l will be making it in a couple of weeks and will keep you posted regards lt369.

Attachments

• IMG_3940.JPG
    IMG_3940.JPG
    552.7 KB · Views: 84

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Lt369!

Four homemade linear-tracking tonearms? That is very impressive!

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
Welcome to WBF, Lt369!

Four homemade linear-tracking tonearms? That is very impressive!
Hi Ron, thanks,they are only impressive if they play properly from start to finish over and over again,and without siginal breakdown in either channel,so far 3 do,the 4 th is not finished,also a inherant design in all of them allows them all to play badly melted warped vinyl,so i adapted that to a conventional arm as well with same result,each tonarm is for each element as they all work of a different concept,there is the fifth element of metal which i am not gonna make yet thru lack of knowledge,happy to share videos with you ,shall post some tommorrow regards george.

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
Welcome lt369 to wbf and congratulations on building your own tonearm.
Thanks for your welcome,i have four differing lineartonearms,here is earth if i can upload this file?can u help ,i have tried to load 3 times,extensions not allowed?

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
Welcome lt369 to wbf and congratulations on building your own tonearm.
Thanks for your welcome,addicted to hifi ,l have four differing lineartonearms,I would like to share with everyone thru video but i cant seem to upload says file extension wrong?help would be appreciated regards lt369.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Thanks for your welcome,addicted to hifi ,l have four differing lineartonearms,I would like to share with everyone thru video but i cant seem to upload says file extension wrong?help would be appreciated regards lt369
Not sure how it works but I have had the same problem.

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
My apologies ,i cannot work out how to load video on this site yet,(not a computer phone person)but i have put one on youtube in a channel named george rasta ,the video is rubberduck,i hope you can check it out ,regards lt369.

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
Thanks for your support everyone,and what a surprise,there is my vid,i should have combed my hair for it!

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
Wow i got a avatar,never knew they are called that,anyway remember this stuff from school,numerical expression of creation,from start to finish always remains the same no matter where and when ,or what language u speak,everyone owns this it is deep in your souls,has been forever,and will be forever.
A special symbol.

Reactions: tapepath

Lt369

Sep 25, 2021
Damn ,im country nsw,today i put 2 vids on u tube,whoever pasted the last one here is welcome to,,much appreciated

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing