Leica

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I owned 111C's and G's, M2's and M3 in the 60's and70's at least 4 other incarnations over time up to the flawed R6/7 SLR series. Tried the S2 but too heavy sadly.

Leica from the late 70's 80's suffered with buyouts various Mfg locations /Canada/etc and with the Staff pitching in to bring it back on line --all

seems to be a steady ship--

but the name alone may not save it from the technological wiz Tsunami that has taken over the Photographic world as we remember it.

I sincerely hope they do

The lenses are insurmountable and still the benchmark.

BruceD

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I have started a Facebook group called Audio & Photography. Friend me (Lee Scoggins) and I will add you to the group if you want. Around 86 members now from both the pro and consumer community.

Reactions: BruceD

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I have started a Facebook group called Audio & Photography. Friend me (Lee Scoggins) and I will add you to the group if you want. Around 86 members now from both the pro and consumer community.
Great Combo! I'm game. Just requested to join.

Reactions: Lee

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Thank you?--I presume you were posting to Moi? but I do not do Facebook or the other web chat/catchup sites--
Appreciate the offer and may I wish you best of luck .

BruceD

Reactions: Mikem53

Dogberry

Aug 24, 2022
I've had a bunch of Leicas, from the M7, MP, M8, M8.2, M9, Monochrom and then back to an M2 and the 'holy trinity' of 35, 50 and 75. I've sold them all in the end, though if anyone's interested I still have a Visolux and a complete set of Visolux lenses (can't sell them any more!)
I moved on as I'm honestly more of an SLR person. So film these days is mostly a Nikon F6 for 35mm (though I keep several OM-1, OM-1n, OM-2 bodies and a bunch of lenses) and a couple of Hasselblads for medium format. My guilty pleasure is a pair of Pen FV half frame SLRs, which are Leica size and speed of use, and guess what - a bunch of lenses. My large format these days is just a Chamonix 4x5, having moved on from 10x8 and paper negatives.
Developing film is easy once you have the knack, and I've made it easier still by making a motorized base for daylight-loading Rondinak 35 and 60 tanks. I can do C-41 and E4 processing, but I love the simplicity of B&W, especially with Diafine. I do have a D850 for convenience, but I don't enjoy it much. Feels like cheating! Here's the Pen F:

Hasselblad:

and F6:

and to keep us on topic, Leica M2:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing