LampizatOr Horizon - Tube Rolling Paradise

Charlie B.

Nov 8, 2017
Germany (150km north of Frankfurt)
Looks like I made a small but significant mistake when I ordered a pair of Tung-Sol 6SL7GT instead of 6SN7GT...
Is it true that they are not similar and cannot be used in the Horizon? Stupid me... :(

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Looks like I made a small but significant mistake when I ordered a pair of Tung-Sol 6SL7GT instead of 6SN7GT...
Is it true that they are not similar and cannot be used in the Horizon? Stupid me... :(

I don’t think they can be. They have a much higher mu and would play much louder. They also don’t sound as nice as the 6SN7.

Bbock

Apr 12, 2022
Naperville, IL
My understanding is that they are not compatible.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Got my KT90s and I am listening now. I should get a good sense of how they sound by tomorrow.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Nice. Excited to hear what you think of them. Are they the Serbian ones like Lukasz recommended?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Nice. Excited to hear what you think of them. Are they the Serbian ones like Lukasz recommended?
If NOS there is no other ones except Serbian from Ei.

Reactions: Sampajanna

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing