Lampizator help!

rooze

Dec 29, 2012
USA
audioresurgence.com
Just got a lampi 7b and it isn’t clear to me what goes where.
I’m not aware of any Lampizator with “bass” output, yet that’s how this thing is labeled.

I spoke with the seller and he sold it on behalf of a friend who he needs to contact, but hasn’t done so as of yet.

The manual isn’t helpful in this regard.
I’ve been googling for an hour and haven’t seen another unit with the same back panel as the one I’ve purchased.

According to the selector switch on the front, it identifies 4 inputs. Intuitively I’m thinking that’s not the case, I’m guessing there are two sets of outputs, and only 2 inputs, but I could be mistaken.

Also, the manual says something about the power toggle switch position being used as a selector for different tube types. Is that the case on this model? Nothing is marked to indicate that might be the case.

What a pain. Who makes stuff like this and can’t label things nor include a proper description in the manual?
If anyone can identify the inputs and outputs with certainty I would much appreciate it..

Thanks!
0DA1F864-D30E-4552-A56C-E08613116274.png
10DA0B2D-85E3-49E1-A451-5524E03D876A.png
4C930992-8685-486C-8207-E794AD321628.png

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Looks like you are in the US. You can go to the Lampizator NA website and contact Fred Ainsley with your questions. He either knows or can find out.
Look at the very bottom right of the page to see their email address. You can also message them near the bottom.

Looks like you have a quite early model.

Larry

rooze

Dec 29, 2012
USA
audioresurgence.com
Thanks, Larry.
I sent them an email, hopefully they're responsive.
If anyone in the meantime recognizes the back panel arrangement, please let me know.
Cheers

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
I‘m guessing it was customized. If Lampizator made those changes for a prior owner, there should be record of it. If not, you need to contact the prior owner for details.

rooze

Dec 29, 2012
USA
audioresurgence.com
@msimanyi not a good resolution, unfortunately. After going back and forth with the seller and involving Lampizator it appears this was a custom build without records of what work was done. There’s speculation on what the “Bass” outputs are for and speculation on the function of the power toggle switch, but nothing definitive.

This and the fact that the unit makes a loud popping sound through the speakers when operated via its remote has left me with no option but to send it back to the seller.
Fingers crossed on the refund…

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
@msimanyi not a good resolution, unfortunately. After going back and forth with the seller and involving Lampizator it appears this was a custom build without records of what work was done. There’s speculation on what the “Bass” outputs are for and speculation on the function of the power toggle switch, but nothing definitive.

This and the fact that the unit makes a loud popping sound through the speakers when operated via its remote has left me with no option but to send it back to the seller.
Fingers crossed on the refund…

Fingers crossed indeed, it's a shame such a thing has happened. Let us know how the situation progresses!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing