Lampi GG/Pac owners, downstream electronics list

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi all, too many Lampi threads that go on to discussing tube rollings. So no tube mentions on this thread, and nothing related to the dac itself.

I have been enthralled by the Pac 242 into Audionet Stern and Heisenberg I heard at heihei's 2 years ago. Before that I have heard excellent GG 242 but not to that level.

I would like to investigate a cheaper alternative to that Audionet combination with the Lampi, that could be various other electronics, and this thread is not about how they compare to Audionet Stern Heisenberg in isolation outside a Lampi environment.

I am interested in recreating whatever that gain/impedance magic match is, and not theoretically.

So, on this thread, can Lampi GG & Pac owners simply list their downstream electronics without any comment? It is very difficult to follow across tube rolling threads, hence this request.

e.g. Lampi Pac -> Soulution 725 -> Gryphon Mephisto,
Lampi Pac -> Simaudio,
Lampi Pac -> Aries cerat -> KR,
Lampi Pac - Ayon integrated,
Lampi Pac (will be Horizon) -> Lamm -> Lamm etc

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Lampi GG1/GG2/PAC-> Ref6 -> Ref75
Lampi Pac-> Tobian SoundSystems SC12s -> Ref75
Lampi Pac -> Tobian SoundSystems SC12 -> Nagra VPA

Last edited:

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
Great idea, I am interested in hearing from the Lampi community!

Lampi Pacific -> CJ GAT2 -> VAC 200iq mono blocs

Reactions: bonzo75

Mr P

Apr 17, 2015
Fort Myers, Florida
Lampi Pacific >> Gryphon Essence

Reactions: bonzo75

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
After Lampizator Pacific
> CODA 0.7x preamp > Legacy Audio Wavelet > CODA 15.9 > Legacy Audio V Speaker System

Before Lampizator Pacific
< Ideon 3r Mastertime Blackstar < Ideon 3r USB Renaissance Mk 2 Blackstar < Auralic Aries G2 < Uptone EtherRegen < After Dark Emperor Double Crown Clock < Single Mode Fiber < UpTone EtherRegen < Custom Fanless WSY2K16 Server

moby2004

Jan 21, 2018
Lampi Pac ( KR242) ==> Viva Solista
Lampi Pac ( KR242) ==> Viva Linea==> Soulution 711
Lampi Pac ( KR242) ==> Bespoke ==> Soulution 711
Lampi Pac ( KR242) ==> Soulution 725 ( too much gain if no VC however) ==> Soulution 711

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hi all, too many Lampi threads that go on to discussing tube rollings. So no tube mentions on this thread, and nothing related to the dac itself.

I have been enthralled by the Pac 242 into Audionet Stern and Heisenberg I heard at heihei's 2 years ago. Before that I have heard excellent GG 242 but not to that level.

I would like to investigate a cheaper alternative to that Audionet combination with the Lampi, that could be various other electronics, and this thread is not about how they compare to Audionet Stern Heisenberg in isolation outside a Lampi environment.

I am interested in recreating whatever that gain/impedance magic match is, and not theoretically.

So, on this thread, can Lampi GG & Pac owners simply list their downstream electronics without any comment? It is very difficult to follow across tube rolling threads, hence this request.

Lampi Pac -> Simaudio,
Lampi PAC-> Incito S->> Genus power amp
Lampi PAC-> KR VA680 (Or P135 into KR SX)
Lampi PAC -> Amplifon SET 42 se (outperforms Ayon integrated easily)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Lampi GG1/GG2/PAC-> Ref6 -> Ref75
Lampi Pac-> Tobian SoundSystems SC12s -> Ref75
Lampi Pac -> Tobian SoundSystems SC12 -> Nagra VPA
Had Nagra VPA over here and it was not better than the Ayon Helios at 1/4 the price. AC Genus, Amplifon Set42se and KR SXi are all better than the Ayon...also better than Ayon Crossfire III.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Had Nagra VPA over here and it was not better than the Ayon Helios at 1/4 the price. AC Genus, Amplifon Set42se and KR SXi are all better than the Ayon...also better than Ayon Crossfire III.
Our hearing aparatus is not the same Bred so all is good and everybody is happy;)
BTW since when do you have Pacific instead of your AC gear?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Our hearing aparatus is not the same Bred so all is good and everybody is happy;)
BTW since when do you have Pacific instead of your AC gear?
You have something different then two outer ears and two inner ears with ear drum, cochlea and vibrating hairs? FWIW, the conclusion wasn't just mine... ;)

I don't have a Pacific...are you saying that the PAC would elevate the Nagra above other amps? Wouldn't it have a similar levitation factor for all amps?? Therefore, a comparison of that amp with a different DAC than PAC will change the outcome significantly?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
You have something different then two outer ears and two inner ears with ear drum, cochlea and vibrating hairs? FWIW, the conclusion wasn't just mine... ;)

I don't have a Pacific...are you saying that the PAC would elevate the Nagra above other amps? Wouldn't it have a similar levitation factor for all amps?? Therefore, a comparison of that amp with a different DAC than PAC will change the outcome significantly?
For part 1 - I'm not saying anything, except it does not mean that yours and other ears conclusion is more relevant than my own conclusion in my own system and in my own room vs my previous amp/s - and not to get me wrong again - I respect your opinion and view and would not mind at all having some AC monsters instead of Nagras - to be very clear, as I love their amps!
For part 2 - regarding Pac and elevating system - as well I'm not saying absolutely anything as it was merely a question if and when you changed to Pacific as I know you're an AC dealer here in CH - so no more no less. But again as with ears - anybody can read whatever it wants

Last edited:
Reactions: Tatomek7

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
For part 1 - I'm not saying anything, except it does not mean that yours and other ears conclusion is more relevant than my own conclusion in my own system and in my own room vs my previous amp/s - and not to get me wrong again - I respect your opinion and view and would not mind at all having some AC monsters instead of Nagras - to be very clear, as I love their amps!
For part 2 - regarding Pac and elevating system - as well I'm not saying absolutely anything as it was merely a question if and when you changed to Pacific as I know you're an AC dealer here in CH - so no more no less. But again as with ears - anybody can read whatever it wants
Well, you know where to get one...they aren't really any more expensive than a Tobian or VPA...

Ok. No I don't have a Pacific DAC...never really wanted one...

Reactions: Golum

wil

Jul 22, 2015
In light of LF's assertions that the Horizon's volume control will best one's pre...

... it would be interesting to see if any (who transition to Horizon) end up abandoning (or bypassing) their preamps in favor of the Horizon's volume control.

CDC77

May 26, 2021
Chicago
www.cdcaruso.com

Lampi Pac -> Simaudio,
Lampizator Pacific (soon the Horizon) -

Lampi Pac -> Simaudio,

Lampi Pac -> Simaudio,
Lampizator Pacific (soon to be Horizon) to D’Agostino Momentum Integrated Amp

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
If you were enthralled by the Stern / Heisenberg … the Humboldt is the amp for you.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If you were enthralled by the Stern / Heisenberg … the Humboldt is the amp for you.

Hi please, as mentioned in the OP, this is not about audionet or any model comparisons, just list Lampi and downstream gear. There are audionet threads to discuss that

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Cds :
Audio Aero La Fontaine as a transport ( Esoteric VRDS neo) -> spdif Stereovox BNC cable - > BNC input of Pacific SE ( KR 5u4g RK and EML 45 Lampi Anniv)-> upgraded with Mundorf Silver Gold Evo caps/ Nichicon regulators Ayon Crossfire III integrated with KR 5u4g rectifier and RCA Jan CRC-5693 red metal tubes in pre section.

Files PCM up to 24/384 and DSD up to 512 fs :
Aurender W20 -> Final Touch Callisto usb cable -> Pacific SE usb input -> Ayon Crossfire III as above or Circle Labs A100 integrated with Jupiter caps

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Lampi PAC-> Incito S->> Genus power amp
Lampi PAC-> KR VA680 (Or P135 into KR SX)
Lampi PAC -> Amplifon SET 42 se (outperforms Ayon integrated easily)
Whose systems are those?
Anyone I know?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing