Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The heart of this speaker is the most exclusive driver in this world, something never done before in speaker history and only to find in this speaker - the very first and only pure diamond diaphragm midrange-woofer in the world. This driver is able to cover a bandwidth range which was so far impossible to think of. Together with a new diamond tweeter we will cover the whole frequency range from the upper bass till the highest trebles absolutely time coherent with the most perfect diaphragm material: pure diamond.

We think it is meaningless to claim and promise it will be another best speaker in the world, since this approach is covered by many nice products already. We had something slightly different in mind: a game changer. Even for us.

We did this project together with Accuton. TIDAL & Accuton is a partnership which is existing over 11 years now. This year also TIDAL has its 15th year anniversary, so we decided to create something ultimate to find out where the limits are in today's audio speakers performance.

The heart of this high efficiency speaker is the most exclusive driver in this world, something never done before in speaker history and only to find in this speaker - the very first and only pure diamond diaphragm midrange-woofer. This project is not about cheesy marketing lines like "We got the biggest diamond driver in the world". This is about a big step forward tothe goal reproduce music most realistic, something TIDAL has already been rewarded and accepted for all over the world.

One TIDAL La Assoluta has a cone area of 136 cm² out of pure diamond, but this alone is not why this driver is so spectacular. The big lead forward is that it is a real midrange woofer, it is able to make a 6times longer excursion than the biggest driver so far, this means it can play within a bandwidth range within impossible to think of up until now.
In combination with a new diamond tweeter the TIDAL La Assoluta will cover the whole frequency range from the upper bass to the highest trebles absolutely time coherent with the perfect diaphragm material: pure diamond. So for the first time ever it will be able to repruduce even the human voice with it....

And that, we think, is pretty spectacular.

This graphic below shows how much air we can move with this new woofer. It can move 14 times more air than the biggest pure diamond cone so far.
http://www.laassoluta.com/intro.htm

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
How big is the speaker...height, weight ?
Christian, Tidal is currently working on the La Assoluta loudspeakers so I have no specs yet that I can share. Needless to say that La Assoluta is going to be pretty large (over 2 meters) and very heavy. Tiralit cabinet, huge Duelund silver caps for the xovers, new silver cables inside the speakers, new Accuton diamond tweeters and of course the new and unique (Tidal only) Accuton diamond midrange woofers. Furthermore, La Assoluta is going to be a efficient loudspeaker. That is all I can say for now.

ddk

Industry Expert
May 19, 2013
Utah
Maybe this time the diamond tweeter would integrate better with the mid drivers. I have never heard a single speaker, including the Kharma Exquisite Grand, where the diamond tweeter didn't stick out. Never liked their sound either, don't see the appeal. Wonder if the mid diamond drivers are any better and if Tidal can integrate them properly into their design.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 16, 2012
Poland
Maybe this time the diamond tweeter would integrate better with the mid drivers. I have never heard a single speaker, including the Kharma Exquisite Grand, where the diamond tweeter didn't stick out. Never liked their sound either, don't see the appeal. Wonder if the mid diamond drivers are any better and if Tidal can integrate them properly into their design.
IMO the Avalon Eidolon Diamond was pretty coherent.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If all the cones use this diamond tech...I would hope they get the coherence thing right...I suppose that is part of the cost since the big cones with this diamond tech are supposedly geometrically expensive t manufacture??

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
If all the cones use this diamond tech...I would hope they get the coherence thing right...I suppose that is part of the cost since the big cones with this diamond tech are supposedly geometrically expensive t manufacture??
La Assoluta will not only use diamond tweeters and diamond midrange woofers but also larger cyramic woofers. But I suppose that the xover at that lower woofer level is less critical than the xover between the highs/mids and midrange woofers.

ddk

Industry Expert
May 19, 2013
Utah
La Assoluta will not only use diamond tweeters and diamond midrange woofers but also larger cyramic woofers. But I suppose that the xover at that lower woofer level is less critical than the xover between the highs/mids and midrange woofers.
Its all critical, one can hear discontinuity at any frequency. Ceramic drivers have very different qualities from diamond drivers, wonder what their standards for efficiency are because ceramic drivers are somewhat power hungry and need current to come alive.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing