Hi from sunny Perth, Western Australia,

just a quick question, I have just bought a continuum S2 integrated
amplifier. All is working fine. I'm just curious about the volume controls
levels. To get say average listening levels I need at least 50 showing on
the display with 60 being better, loudish is with 70 showing. Is this
normal. With the volume maxing out at 99.5 , its seems odd to have the
volume over halfway all the time.

Listening room is 5 meter wide x 4 m long x 2.4 m high. Source is a Yamaha
cds2100 CD player connected to the con s2 via xlr/balanced connections.
Speakers are Dynaudio Confidence 5.

Regards dave

DaveyF

Aug 1, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Probably depends on the sensitivity of your Dynaudio's...which are known to be not that sensitive a speaker--and as such are harder to drive. You also have a fairly large room...and we don't know what you consider to be 'loudish'.
I would think that 50 to 60 would sound about right on your volume scale...given the sensitivity of your speaker and the size of your room. I wouldn't worry about this...Jeff's amps are very durable and this volume shouldn't really faze it.

Corks67

Sep 1, 2017
Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. I got in touch with JRDG and yep they replied it was normal. Guess just seemed weird, I had a LSA integrated and 9 o'clock was loud and 10 o'clock was really loud. And like likewise on my previous W4S stp-Se pre + Bryston 4b 30 out of 85 was loud and 40 was really loud.

Oct 13, 2012
I have the JR 625 S2 amp and Corus preamp. Most of my listening is done with the volume between 60-70.

Corks67

Sep 1, 2017
I have the JR 625 S2 amp and Corus preamp. Most of my listening is done with the volume between 60-70.
Hi Ric,

Thanks for that, I think I saw on stereonet , you owned a continuum S2 integrated before more to the separated

Cheers Dave

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Hi from sunny Perth, Western Australia,

just a quick question, I have just bought a continuum S2 integrated
amplifier. All is working fine. I'm just curious about the volume controls
levels. To get say average listening levels I need at least 50 showing on
the display with 60 being better, loudish is with 70 showing. Is this
normal. With the volume maxing out at 99.5 , its seems odd to have the
volume over halfway all the time.

Listening room is 5 meter wide x 4 m long x 2.4 m high. Source is a Yamaha
cds2100 CD player connected to the con s2 via xlr/balanced connections.
Speakers are Dynaudio Confidence 5.

Regards dave
The Dyn's definitely have less sensitivity than your average speakers so they are harder to drive. I've had a Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated amplifier (250W in 8ohms, 500W in 4ohms) and I used to keep the volume between 50 and 60 with Raidho's that are definitely more sensible than your Confidence 5 loudspeakers. No stress for the amp whatsoever... :)

Corks67

Sep 1, 2017
The Dyn's definitely have less sensitivity than your average speakers so they are harder to drive. I've had a Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated amplifier (250W in 8ohms, 500W in 4ohms) and I used to keep the volume between 50 and 60 with Raidho's that are definitely more sensible than your Confidence 5 loudspeakers. No stress for the amp whatsoever... :)

Hi John

Thank you for your reply and. Information , most appreciated dave