Joe Bonamassa Concert

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I had the pleasure to see Joe Bonamassa Tuesday night at Durham Performing Arts Center, In NC. Great show with wonderful Acoustics. When you do as we do as Audiophiles, it really gives us a keen sense of perception as to what we are actually hearing. When you hear a live performance it places your listening senses at a even higher level. BTW, I had a very good buzz!! I picked up on a few things that were not right, but all in all fantastic. I think it is a valuable tool (live Performance) to use with our at "home listening" for proper evaluation of what we attempt to accomplish. Bonamassa was born in upstate NY, my hometown of Utica. Friends saw him in his garage when he was 14. Child Prodigy, played with BB King at 12 years old. He is at the top of his game. His voice has matured further, Riff after incredible Riff for 2.5 hours of shear pleasure. If anyone gets the chance to see him, he will not disappoint.

Reactions: Bobvin

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I find him to be someone who brings serious rock to modern blues. Would love to see him live.

Reactions: bazelio and John T

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Bob, he was unreal. I Looked at the expressions on the faces of the people, they were in AWE! I was 3rd row center. He just kept it going. I have seen many greats Clapton and others. JB is on top of his game. If you ever get the chance to see him do not hesitate! Best show I have ever seen...

John

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
I had the pleasure to see Joe Bonamassa Tuesday night at Durham Performing Arts Center, In NC. Great show with wonderful Acoustics. When you do as we do as Audiophiles, it really gives us a keen sense of perception as to what we are actually hearing. When you hear a live performance it places your listening senses at a even higher level. BTW, I had a very good buzz!! I picked up on a few things that were not right, but all in all fantastic. I think it is a valuable tool (live Performance) to use with our at "home listening" for proper evaluation of what we attempt to accomplish. Bonamassa was born in upstate NY, my hometown of Utica. Friends saw him in his garage when he was 14. Child Prodigy, played with BB King at 12 years old. He is at the top of his game. His voice has matured further, Riff after incredible Riff for 2.5 hours of shear pleasure. If anyone gets the chance to see him, he will not disappoint.
John T
Love Joe and saw him perform live in Anaheim not long ago. No doubt he's a force of nature but I do wish he would modulate his intensity throughout the set a bit more. I know Joe's partner, Roy well and both he, Joe, and his sound guys care very deeply about sound! Not sure most folks know this but JB travels with his own complete sound system.

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Ive been to a couple of Bonamassa concerts here in the UK. I just love his music and songs but the sound quality was awful…,.far too loud, enough to cause ear distortion, everything out out of balance, with lyrics indiscernible….to the point I concluded that his sound engineer at the mixing desk must be almost completely deaf. After the first concert my ears were ringing during the entire trip home. For the second concert I took some silicone ear plugs, which are like having sound filters in your ears that remove some frequencies and leave other untouched. So for me the experience was one of great music and horrible sound.

Last edited:

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Gleeds I know how particular he is with traveling with his own gear. My friends saw him in Syracuse NY, and they sais he killed it. I have seen them all, from John Mayall to Alvin Lee, Clapton, Allman Brothers in the early seventies, Johnny/Edger Winter, John McLaughlin, and the list is long. Was supposed to see Muddy Waters. Took the train to Frankfurt and found a cardboard sign that read Muddy had to cancel! JB was the best show I have ever seen. Sorry Blackmorec that your experience wasn't good. The acoustics at DPAC was fantastic. Most likely the best acoustic venue that I have been part of...John

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I've seen him live in the Memphis area a couple of times. The last show I saw him at the sound guy was terrible you couldn't hear the horn section nor the singers until the last couple of songs. I'd still go see him again though to listen to his playing.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
To elaborate further, Joe's father was a custodian at the NY State Office Building. I was in the ARMY at that time, but his father used to tell some of my friends who worked for the state how great his son played. They tried to be polite, sure Mr. B, not knowing just how talented he was. Keep in mind many great musicians came from Upstate NY. Little did they know he would go on to command a stage. John

Reactions: gleeds

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing