Jeff Rowland Model 5 problem: need schematic

Nounours18200

Jun 24, 2012
Grasse (France)
Hi,

One of our client has a problem with his old Jeff Rowland Model 5, and our engineed needs the schematic to repair it: do you know a way to get it ?

I post this message for a friend of mine who is the abovementioned professional engineer , well known to repair serious electronics (Mark Levinson, Threshold, Krell, Jadis, etc...) but English is not his preferred language (!)...

Thank you for your help,

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I contacted JRDG a couple months ago with some questions regarding recapping my pair of model 6's. I actually talked to Jeff on the phone. He was very friendly and helpful. I asked if he had a service manual and he said no. They had some schematics on paper over in a file cabinet. He gave me his thoughts on the capacitor values etc. to get me going.

I would assume that he will also not have a service manual for the model 5. I would call and ask him if he would be willing to send you a copy of the schematics for it. He would probably repair the amp if you sent it in. He seems to be the kind of guy that takes a lot pride in the things he has built and is willing to help keep them running.

Nounours18200

Jun 24, 2012
Grasse (France)
He would probably repair the amp if you sent it in
The amp is in France, so it would cost a fortune to send it to the States: this is the reason for which my engineer needs the schematics to repair it in France.
I would call and ask him if he would be willing to send you a copy of the schematics for it
Do you have his email ? it would be simpler than by phone...
Thank you very much for yur help !

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Here is the e-mail for support. support@jeffrowlanddesign.zendesk.com However, I find their e-mail response is a little slow. Perhaps you could e-mail them a pic of the amplifier with the serial number, a description of the problem it is having. Then ask if they could send you a copy of the schematic so you can repair. Then you could follow that up with a phone call.

+1 719-473-1181

I hope this helps and that you get the issue with your amplifier resolved.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi,

One of our client has a problem with his old Jeff Rowland Model 5, and our engineed needs the schematic to repair it: do you know a way to get it ?

I post this message for a friend of mine who is the abovementioned professional engineer , well known to repair serious electronics (Mark Levinson, Threshold, Krell, Jadis, etc...) but English is not his preferred language (!)...

Thank you for your help,

The Model 5 uses an enclosed potted module for the amplifier circuit except the power transistors - usually if we have problems with it we need a new module. Last time I contacted them they still manufactured the old modules on a special order basis. I really enjoyed the model M5 mk3 - a fabulous amplifier with the Quad ESL63.

a1.jpg

Nounours18200

Jun 24, 2012
Grasse (France)
@microstrip:
I have sent an email to the JR support (see the email addresse above) and I wait for their reply !

When did you contact them: "last month" or a few years ago ?

Thank you very much for this information: I keep you posted,:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing