Is there a match between Magico Speakers ( particularly M6 ) and Tube Amps?.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
M6 in the house already!. With VAC Statement 450 iqs, .
First impression is really jaw dropping.
Still on the wheels!.
Keep you posted with the evolution of the set up process.

When you get a chance, please update us.... and add pics :D

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thank you! Looks gorgeous!

What are the treatments(?) behind the amps?

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
FYI:

"For whatever the reason, many audiophiles—perhaps in large part because Magico almost exclusively uses solid-state amplification at high-end audio shows—wrongly assume that Magico speakers and tube amplifiers are mutually exclusive. But nothing could be further from the truth. (In fact Alon Wolf, designer of Magico speakers, made it abundantly clear in our conversations that he appreciates the qualities of both technologies to drive his speakers.) And the cj ART amplifiers didn't disappoint. Not only did these 275 wpc tube behemoths easily drive the S5s with none of the sloppiness in the lowest octave that Alon feared might happen, but the ART monoblocks and Magico speakers were a match made in heaven! The ART amplifier's liveliness, huge soundstage and unique ability to unravel the complex overtones of instruments and singers especially on reel-to-reel tape never came across better. In fact, there's a very special synergy going on between the ART monoblocks and the S5 speakers in the mid- to upper bass region."

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
FYI:

"Back in my listening room, driving either Rockport Lyra loudspeakers (briefly) or my long-term reference the Magico Q7 Mk II, the Integrated had all the hallmarks of Absolare."

"The Integrated took control over the Magico Q7 Mk II’s woofers and provided a tighter rendering with greater pitch precision."

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
FYI:

"But it was listening to the Magico Q7 driven by the Passion
preamplifier and Passion 845 power amplifier for the past four
months that convinced me that these Absolare products are some
of the most musical and involving electronics I’ve heard."

"In this regard, the Absolare is very much like the Lamm ML2.2
I reviewed in Issue 230. That 18W SET, priced nearly identically
to the Absolare at $37,290, has surprising bass extension and
control for an 18W amp. When the Lamm is operated within its
power limitations, it has slightly deeper and better-defined bass
than the Absolare—which is saying a lot in itself. But turn up the
volume and the Absolare pulls away, courtesy of its much more
robust output power. Orchestral climaxes are reproduced with
greater authority, and kick drum in rock has greater impact. In
fact, the Passion 845’s 52W sounded like a powerhouse driving
the Q7s. This is an SET that will drive a very wide range of
loudspeakers without the traditional limitations of the genre."

Reactions: PeterA

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
I use the canary audio m250s with great results on my M6s….powerful Kt-150s with 250 watts in class A.
Never heard of those amplifiers, I'll check them out. Thanks for sharing.

What kinds of music do you enjoy? What blend of digital vs analog?

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Unfortunately, John lau ,the owner and designer of CANARY AUDIO passed away few weeks ago….
he was an amazingly smart and kind man with an amazing talent that spans 4 decades in high end audio…. He will sorely missed.
I mostly listen to digital.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Unfortunately, John lau ,the owner and designer of CANARY AUDIO passed away few weeks ago….
he was an amazingly smart and kind man with an amazing talent that spans 4 decades in high end audio…. He will sorely missed.
I mostly listen to digital.
Awe, man. I am deeply saddened by this. I did not know this until I just now saw your post. RIP, John and thanks for your contributions and conversations.

I am an owner of one of his personally upgraded masterpieces myself.

Tom

Reactions: ozy

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Wow sorry to hear about John. I owned Canary Amp/Preamp in the past and loved them!

Reactions: ozy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing