Introducing Center Stage 2M

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Hi Joe,

Today my system suddenly sounds so bright which similar as what you mentioned already , i need to change the GZ480 to SuperTNT 274b to trim down the brightness, hopefully this is the last mile and that immersed magic happen soon,

Cheers
Joe
You need to stop making changes to asses the affect of the footers and their settlement process. If you make, or have made, any changes since you installed them how can you possibly assess their native impact on your sound? Fist rule of experimentation is to maintain a control sample, but since you cannot have a cloned system without the CMS footer then the best that you can do is changing only one variable at a time, and in this case is just the insertion of the footers; that’s it. Once you have made your final assessment on the footers then you can proceed with making any additional changes, again one at a time for a effective assessment.

Reactions: dbeau

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
The sound is so bright and difficult to listen, i remember Steve was also changed to his backup tubes to run in to save the tube life, even on Day 2, I have changed the rectifier tube from GZ480 to 274b and RK 5u4g and both of them I can heard that immersed effect, I can easily do the benchmark since that effect is so easy to remember and very significant

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The sound is so bright and difficult to listen, i remember Steve was also changed to his backup tubes to run in to save the tube life, even on Day 2, I have changed the rectifier tube from GZ480 to 274b and RK 5u4g and both of them I can heard that immersed effect, I can easily do the benchmark since that effect is so easy to remember and very significant
Thank you! It will.

Crank it up a bit too. Get some energy going!
@Bobofei86

My experience with settle in is that it can cause such changes in the sound that it becomes unlistenable and that is perhaps what is causing issues. Whenever you hear a change you feel obligated to change tubes or do something to try to improve the sound

My advice to people who use these feet is to play music at normal volume but forget about any listening. as it creates temptation to make changes. My routine is ti play music fir a minimum off 8 hours a day BUT I only listen to the first and last half hour of each session to get an idea what I am starting with and what I have at the end of each session. I always play the same 4-5 songs at the beginning and end of each session as that gives me an idea where I am in the settle in process. I gave up trying to listen all day while it is settling in to avoid the temptation of making any changes during the settle in. IOW "leave everything alone" Leave whatever tubes you started with in and do.not make any changes because each time you do you have a new start point
Put your system on while you are at work and stop analyzing because this is causing you to make changes. If it is unlistenable........don't listen

I am confident you will find the magic but your brain is getting in the way of the settle in :)as you are making changes at a time when you shouldn't be making changes

Reactions: dbeau

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Thanks Joe and I will play a bit louder than usual and hope this can help to speed up the settle in process
I think this could be a big help. After my system dragged on in the doldrums of mediocrity for a few weeks I remembered what a very good friend of mine (electronics manufacturer) said about electronics break-in. He said sometimes cnew components get stuck in a rut, meaning that you need to goose the power to change the overall onternal equilibrium. I did that with mine and sure enough, things started to change. Let's give it a try and see if it works for you.

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Please don't do this. I recommend that you never chase (artificially correct) the sound during the settling process. This could (and probably will) lengthen the process. Just let it happen.

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Please don't do this. I recommend that you never chase (artificially correct) the sound during the settling process. This could (and probably will) lengthen the process. Just let it happen.
Got it Joe, does it means that every single change we make in future take times to re-settle again? Such as tube, fuse or cables? Does it take another few weeks to find the equilibrium Or just a few days? I have a big question mark now and it’s quite challenging to loop this cycle again and again for the components change in future, I’m quite obsessed and always exchange the cables or accessories with my friends to test almost every month, just want to know your experience after the footers are fully settle down, and how’s going if we don’t touch the footers and the devices on top but make changes in other areas

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Got it Joe, does it means that every single change we make in future take times to re-settle again? Such as tube, fuse or cables? Does it take another few weeks to find the equilibrium Or just a few days? I have a big question mark now and it’s quite challenging to loop this cycle again and again for the components change in future, I’m quite obsessed and always exchange the cables or accessories with my friends to test almost every month, just want to know your experience after the footers are fully settle down, and how’s going if we don’t touch the footers and the devices on top but make changes in other areas
Changes in other areas should be fine so long as the footers remain in place.

The recommendation I expressed is limited to the initial settling period.

I hope this helps.

Cyrus

Jun 15, 2018
This is a message to recognize Joel for his exemplary support.

I have been following this thread for some time now as I work on finalizing and getting my system 'dialed' in... prior to moving forward with footers.

I'm truly impressed. Thank You, Joel.

Reactions: wil

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
This is a message to recognize Joel for his exemplary support.

I have been following this thread for some time now as I work on finalizing and getting my system 'dialed' in... prior to moving forward with footers.

I'm truly impressed. Thank You, Joel.
It's really nice of you to say this.

Thank you!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I previously asked a question about CMS compatibility with Synergistic Research Base. After much experimentation, I'm thinking about full compatibility and complementarity! Great!
To date, the results have been obtained in my system (each component was seated for more than 10 days):
DAC Esoteric D-02 - CS2M is the absolute top!,
Monoblocks Classe CA-M300 & 400 - CS2 are the absolute top!,
Transport Lumin U1 - all the feets I tested are worse than stock ones, including CS2M((,
PS Audio P10 regenerator - all feets tested by me are worse than stock ones, including CS2M((.

What speakers?

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Hi Joe,

Today my system suddenly sounds so bright which similar as what you mentioned already , i need to change the GZ480 to SuperTNT 274b to trim down the brightness, hopefully this is the last mile and that immersed magic happen soon,

Cheers
Joe
This means you're making progress. Please don't try to chase the sound. Just let it play and find its equilibrium point naturally.

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
I previously asked a question about CMS compatibility with Synergistic Research Base. After much experimentation, I'm thinking about full compatibility and complementarity! Great!
To date, the results have been obtained in my system (each component was seated for more than 10 days):
DAC Esoteric D-02 - CS2M is the absolute top!,
Monoblocks Classe CA-M300 & 400 - CS2 are the absolute top!,
Transport Lumin U1 - all the feets I tested are worse than stock ones, including CS2M((,
PS Audio P10 regenerator - all feets tested by me are worse than stock ones, including CS2M((.
Can you help me understand what you're saying in this post. I'd like to help, but I'm not understanding you....

In post 169 I suggested unplugging and potentially removing the bases entirely. Did you try either of these suggestions?

Drpie

Feb 22, 2019
Yes, I used CS for more than 7 days with the SR base turned off and more than 7 days with the SR base turned on. The ON Base and CS gave a cumulative positive effect.

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Yes, I used CS for more than 7 days with the SR base turned off and more than 7 days with the SR base turned on. The ON Base and CS gave a cumulative positive effect.
Glad the feet are working for you. Having said this, you might want to try the feet without the base just to have the 3rd comparison. It might pay dividends.....

Reactions: Steve Williams

Drpie

Feb 22, 2019

vernonwtx

Oct 12, 2017
Houston, TX
www.lovetabernacle.net
My experience so far. I purchased two sets of 4 of CS2M's.
* I ran them under my Canary Audio M500 amps for ~20 days. I only noticed a slight shift towards brighter, no other change. I returned to my Yamamoto Ebony PB-23/PB-20. I had tried IsoAcoustics Orea Bordeau before, but more bright. Perhaps I prefer a warmer sound.
* I have moved CS2M under my Laufer MP64, which had IsoAcoustics Orea Bordeau. I immediately noticed improved micro-details. On day 2... looking forward to improvements.
? Can these be used under a turntable? Has anyone tried? I plan to later.
? Can these be used under a phono preamp? Has anyone tried? I plan to later under my IO Sign.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My experience so far. I purchased two sets of 4 of CS2M's.
* I ran them under my Canary Audio M500 amps for ~20 days. I only noticed a slight shift towards brighter, no other change. I returned to my Yamamoto Ebony PB-23/PB-20. I had tried IsoAcoustics Orea Bordeau before, but more bright. Perhaps I prefer a warmer sound.
* I have moved CS2M under my Laufer MP64, which had IsoAcoustics Orea Bordeau. I immediately noticed improved micro-details. On day 2... looking forward to improvements.
? Can these be used under a turntable? Has anyone tried? I plan to later.
? Can these be used under a phono preamp? Has anyone tried? I plan to later under my IO Sign.
I have CS2M 1.0’s under my phonostage

these feet aren’t designed for under turntables. I know that Joe has been interested in a footer for turntables

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Awhile ago on this thread I think, someone inquired about using the footers under a light weight chassis (Aqua DAC I believe). He thought it might be a good idea to put some weight on top of chassis. Joe answered that damping the chassis might be counterproductive, but was not sure.

Has there been any more testing on this?

I have an Atmasphere MP3 preamp that is overall pretty light but significantly heavier on one side. It seems intuitive to me that weighting the chassis would make sense for no other reason than distributing the weight to the footers more evenly.

What do you think, Joe? Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing