Interesting Vivid Listening Rooms (world-wide) - Show Us Yours !

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Most recent pic;
IMG_0040.JPG

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Beautiful room!

Scott,

Its a fine looking room; what are the dimensions ? Is the room treated ? Any issues with room nodes ?
What other speakers have you had in this room ? How do the Giyas compare to the other speakers ?

Happy listening,

Philip

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Philip.

It is 17x22x9. I worked with Jeff Hedback(Hd Acoustics) for treatments and their placement. All the treatments are RPG except an ASC window Plug. I have many speakers(most are still there) in my room. The Giyas have a very organic and sweet sound that I absolutely love and the bass, oh the bass :D

Scott

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Plano, Texas. I use to sell BMC thru Brian Ackerman, but I think he is dropping the distributorship. Also I do not have all the products I sell in this pic, not enough room ;)

Where is your dealership?

I see you are a dealer for B.M.C. but see none in the picture. I use their phono stage and have a pair of M2s.

Yes, I think he has already done that. I think Carlos is doing factory direct in the USA.

I will no doubt be up there sometime this month to visit High Fidelity Cables to see Rick Schultz. Could you tell me the name of your company?

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Why do you think that is? Seems a really odd recommendation.

Not so odd if you already know Ken Ishiwata from Marantz:

http://www.whathifi.com/news/high-e...enter-high-end-streaming-arena-eu2999-na-11s1

At the show, Ishiwata is using one of his very typical set-ups, with an extreme toe-in of the speakers designed to take out of the equation the less-than-ideal acoustics of the room in which they're being demonstrated.
Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/high-e...ming-arena-eu2999-na-11s1#EPMfKA1Za4U9HjGG.99

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Yes, I think he has already done that. I think Carlos is doing factory direct in the USA.

I will no doubt be up there sometime this month to visit High Fidelity Cables to see Rick Schultz. Could you tell me the name of your company?

Advanced Home Theater. The G1's are set up at my house and you are welcome to come by for a listen :)

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
You are welcome over anytime Brian.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
right way up ... are you using the dual subs to augment bass or are you using them to smooth the room using distributed bass... ?

image.jpg

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
right way up ... are you using the dual subs to augment bass or are you using them to smooth the room using distributed bass... ?

View attachment 29864

Thanks Rodney.....I have never taken sound measurements of the system/room so I can't say for sure what is going on other than what I could hear. After I finally figured out where my best speaker/listening position is, I have been very happy with what I was hearing and had no intentions of changing anything. I had 2 Jl F113 subs in my HT system and needed to do some drywall work in there so I decided to (temporarily) use the subs in my main system. I was blown away with the changes. Better imaging, tonality, presence, etc. i decided to sell the Jl subs, and for the same money got the 2 12" for the main, and 1 15" sub for the HT. I just got everything hooked up last night in the 2 channel and with just the 'recommended' settings am already amazed with improvements.

Whether this is due to solely augmentation or addressing unknown suckouts, I am not sure, but likely both. Still waiting to get the 15 inch from Rythmik. Hopefully tomorrow.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Is the left channel closer to the wall than the right - or is it an optical illusion?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thanks for clarifying. Also: nice room! I can imagine it sounds great with your Vivids!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing