Innuous, Lampizator and DSD512 files in Roon

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
For quite some time, I've had difficulty playing DSD512 files in Roon through my Innuos ZENith Mk III and my Lampizator GG2. Nobody was quite able to pinpoint the reason why. It appeared that the problem was either in the firmware of the Innuous, the Lampizator, or the Linux driver (Amanero) used by Lampizator to play DSD512 files. Typically, DSD512 tracks could only be played with the DoP protocol in Roon and only up to DSD256. DSD512 tracks would play only for 10 seconds and then skip to the next track.

I'm pleased to report that Nuno Vitorino, the head of R&D at Innuous, connected with me remotely a few times in the past 2 days and was ultimately successful in rectifying the problem. The technical basis of the solution had something to do with a "kernal update" for the Innuous software (it's above my pay grade so please don't ask me more). I'm extremely grateful for his efforts as well as those of Lukasz at Lampi, who was in the loop the entire time. DSD now plays using the "native" configuration setting in Roon and I'm a very happy camper.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing