iFi audio Zen Blue V2: The Official Thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Chill. Relax. Enjoy.

As most of you know, the original ZEN Blue was the world’s first Bluetooth receiver to support all the latest hi-res codecs to deliver the best-quality music Bluetooth streaming
from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs to any audio system.

Now we present our V2 with a new antenna for up to 70-80% more reach and the very latest crystal clock system for low jitter. The new clock means >20db better performance for even more ZEN.

1621790980222.png

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
There is new pre-loaded firmware for the ZEN Blue V2. This improves the signal for best LDAC operation.

Good news - the original ZEN Blue can be updated from our website. Please go to our Download Hub to find out more.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Our Bluetooth implementation avoids typical the 40% typical quality drop found with standard Bluetooth.

* A state-of-the-art Qualcomm QCC5100 chip processes the incoming data
* The Qualcomm QCC5100 is a ‘system-on-a-chip’ Bluetooth solution, with all functions covered including D-to-A conversion as used by others BUT…
* the ZEN Blue V2 only uses the QCC5100 to ‘receive’ the signal…
* thereafter the signal is sent to the ESS Sabre DAC chip and its Hyperstream architecture with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator deliver vanishingly low distortion and high dynamic range, which is then…
? fed to the iFi analogue amplifier stage.
? Combined, Bluetooth audio sounds far better than the norm.

Read more about the tech in the ZEN Blue V2 in our Tech Lowdown

1621944844053.png

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Chill. Relax. Enjoy.

As most of you know, the original ZEN Blue was the world’s first Bluetooth receiver to support all the latest hi-res codecs to deliver the best-quality music Bluetooth streaming
from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs to any audio system.

Now we present our V2 with a new antenna for up to 70-80% more reach and the very latest crystal clock system for low jitter. The new clock means >20db better performance for even more ZEN.

View attachment 78344
Very nice.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
My nephew gave me one for Christmas. After installing and trying various internet streaming options, I chose radio.net with access to the French "Real Jazz" and "OTTO" classical stations. My Samsung tablet supports the LDAC codex as does the iFi. I also subscribed to radio.net, which eliminates many commercials, for $7.00 per year.

I was initially reluctant to install the unit because the unit uses Bluetooth. With the above stations using my Luxman dac and the optional iFi DC power supply, the sonic quality is outstanding. Frankly, to a jaded audiophile for some 40 years, unbelIevable. Not CD quality (on well recorded discs) but excellent nonetheless.Needless to say, the sonic is totally station dependant.

Suffice to say I am thrilled with the unit performance and at it's price, along with the annual cost for radio.net prime, this is so beyond a silly, stupid bargain. I am lost for any further words at this time.

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
My nephew gave me one for Christmas. After installing and trying various internet streaming options, I chose radio.net with access to the French "Real Jazz" and "OTTO" classical stations. My Samsung tablet supports the LDAC codex as does the iFi. I also subscribed to radio.net, which eliminates many commercials, for $7.00 per year.

I was initially reluctant to install the unit because the unit uses Bluetooth. With the above stations using my Luxman dac and the optional iFi DC power supply, the sonic quality is outstanding. Frankly, to a jaded audiophile for some 40 years, unbelIevable. Not CD quality (on well recorded discs) but excellent nonetheless.Needless to say, the sonic is totally station dependant.

Suffice to say I am thrilled with the unit performance and at it's price, along with the annual cost for radio.net prime, this is so beyond a silly, stupid bargain. I am lost for any further words at this time.
Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy that you love the Zen Blue. It's always encouraging to hear that music lovers appreciate our efforts. What model of Luxman DAC are you using?

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
D06u CD player. See below for remainder of stuff.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
In no order. SACD. Supreme build quality. Sonics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing