I want to go to Rome ---

Laura555

Oct 4, 2011
Seattle
I always dreamed of going to Rome to visit and possibly to live. Any help? And/or advices?
THANK YOU!!!!

;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Simply stunning place to be. My advice is to watch out for pick pockets and bag slashers at popular tourist destinations. They are very good at what they do.

There's also a peculiar charge for just being able to sit down at cafes. It's par for the course though.

Don't miss the chance to visit the Vatican. The art is mind boggling.

Since you'll be in Italy already, a trip to Turin for a feel of medieval Europe and Venice for old world extravagance surely wouldn't hurt. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Visiting the Roman Colosseum was awesome. I skipped the catacombs bec of phobia. Vatican visit was priceless too. Italian coffee, at the street stands, are fantastic. St. Peter's Basilica is an awesome structure too. The people are nice and easy to talk to. After tasting their pizza, pasta, and cannelloni, I thought our local stuffs were a joke. :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) After tasting their pizza, pasta, and cannelloni, I thought our local stuffs were a joke. :)

I also share your views that Rome is a marvelous town , but in my opinion their tasty pizza, pasta, and cannelloni were just created to keep visitors away from the marvelous "serious" italian cooking. IMHO, their fishes, mushroom and meat dishes eclipse the pizza's and pasta's.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Rome is probably my favorite city. The vistas are beautiful and city very walkable and easily navigated with a good guidebook. The people are extremely friendly and the food is amazing. You don't have to travel first class to enjoy the experience. Worth taking an evening walking tour the first evening you arrive to get oriented and stay awake so you can get a good evening's sleep. It's worth the expense to get a good guided tour of the Vatican. Study a guide book before you go so you can find the lesser known churches and galleries that are the equal to some of the more famous counterparts. Reserve your tickets ahead of time to the Borghese Gallery and be there early!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Love to visit, perhaps not to live unless you are prepared to take the "chaos" and lack of organization in stride. Having moved from NYC to London 10 years ago and gotten quite used to doing business in cities across Europe, living in Rome is not for everyone. Some love it, others find the bureacracy, slow pace, disorganization, chaos challenging to live with...particularly if you are coming from the US, South East Asia or even London where things are reasonably fast, generally efficient and fairly organized.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing