Hydrox Chocolate and Cream Cookies- My Original Excess Behavior, Even Before Audio

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
I am about to turn 72 and as I reflect on my past, I realize that one of my first addictions, or at least excesses, was my love for Hydrox cookies. Oreo’s the bigger brand, had no appeal for me. But Hydrox cookies, I simply could not eat just one. In fact my normal intake was at least 10 if not more per day. Up until recently, I had not thought about Hydrox cookies or the obvious parallel to my current audio habit for decades

Somehow, one recent night I was surfing to buy an Air Fryer and somehow came across a link for Hydrox cookies, except it was a package of 6 individual packages. So compared to audio, it was a simple experiment at $28.57, and I ordered them. They have been improved since Sunshine owned them and they are as good if not better than my original memories. BTW, I bought a Cusinart TOA 65 Digital Air Fryer, but got it at Costco with a different model number, but the identical machine, for $80 less than the standard $279 price. It now supports my audio addiction as I eat the wonderful foods I can make so fast so I can get back to listening to music quickly,

Now that I am allegedly done buying audio equipment after a massive surge since my retirement April 30, 2020, when I was supposed to cease all purchases due to my Bucket List System promise,
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...e-of-an-experience-than-a-sound-system.30085/, my renewed Hydrox habit actually feeds my already excessive music listening habits. All I can say, is that I now eat about ½ -1 package of Hydrox cookies a night, while listening to my hopefully finally completed Bucket List System.

You can get them at Amazon at the following link, but if you used to love them, be careful! https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hydrox+c...ox+cookies,aps,143&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_14

Reactions: Mikem53

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Hydrox cookies make good dampers and tuners, one on each corner of the turntable. Just make sure the dog doesn't get them.

• Haha
Reactions: marty and christoph

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
No offense intended. But to paraphrase Late show host Stephen Colbert-I petty the people who have to to eat Hydrox. It is a shame they don't have acess to real cookkies. Oreos. ;) ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Russ, those cookies don't seem too healthy. I want you to be able to amortize your audio system investment over as many years as possible!

• Haha
Reactions: ddk

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
They are much healthier than the originals. BTW, I think my 452's finally finished their break-in at 1,800 hours and the net result is simply amazing and so far beyond my wildests hopes. I think I now know what my Bucket List System actually sounds like and I could not be happier!!!!

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: WLVCA

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Good for you! You’re not alone.. People say eat healthy you will live longer… or maybe it will just feel longer.. Not sure.. Can’t say I’m a fan of hydrox, Oreos don’t taste the same anymore since made south of the border.. but I still seek out those thin mint Girl Scout cookies or the Grasshoppers by Keebler..
Enjoy the music with your cookies !! Think young !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing