How to use my iPad to view the Ayre DX-10 DSD menu

Echolane

Apr 24, 2018
California
Hi all,
I did decide to buy an Ayre DX-5 DSD SACD player to add to my audio system.and I am eager to welcome it. The only problem is that my audio system lacks a monitor and I need a way to view the menu. It looks like all I will need to use my iPad as a monitor is a little dongle that has a USB-C connector and an HDMI port and I can turn my iPad into a mini monitor for viewing the menu. But, never having done this I’m not sure I’m on the right track. Please double-check my thinking.

The adapter looks like this. The male side inserts into the charge port of my iPad and the female port accepts an HDMI cable from the Ayre. The goal is to have the Ayre display it’s menu on my iPad.

67C7D9C1-554A-4B31-8B6C-90802DC0AD38.jpeg

Does that look like it will accomplish what I want to do?
Have I got the correct adapter to achieve this?

Last edited:

aubullience

Aug 11, 2022
Hi all,
I did decide to buy an Ayre DX-5 DSD SACD player to add to my audio system.and I am eager to welcome it. The only problem is that my audio system lacks a monitor and I need a way to view the menu. It looks like all I will need to use my iPad as a monitor is a little dongle that has a USB-C connector and an HDMI port and I can turn my iPad into a mini monitor for viewing the menu. But, never having done this I’m not sure I’m on the right track. Please double-check my thinking.

The adapter looks like this. The male side inserts into the charge port of my iPad and the female port accepts an HDMI cable from the Ayre. The goal is to have the Ayre display it’s menu on my iPad.

View attachment 106404

Does that look like it will accomplish what I want to do?
Have I got the correct adapter to achieve this?
Hi Echolane-
Am wondering if you ever got clarity on what connection would work for your ipad? As mentioned, I've wanted to address the screen connectivity for my DX-5 as well.

Echolane

Apr 24, 2018
California
Haven’t tried it yet. I did buy it and expect to test it next week.

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
I don’t have direct experience with that adapter nor with your intended use, but it seems quite likely to me that is intended to display the iPad’s output on another device, not to accept an HDMI input to the iPad.

If it does allow input to the iPad, I think you will need an app to display that.

A web search came up with this. Certainly not cheap, but it does have an app to accept the input from its paired transmitter:

aubullience

Aug 11, 2022
Sounds good. Would love to hear how it worked out (or didn't) when you get a chance to do so, thanks!
And otherwise, whatever works out for you on that front- my schedule is hopelessly overwhelmed nowadays and my residual 'bandwidth' is narrow, so if I start looking into the matter I'll likely go down a rabbit hole and/or run out of time to figure it out!
If you happen to find out what works I'd be grateful for any feedback there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing