Help Identifying a Turntable Model

Daniel Gonçalves

Jun 14, 2022
Hey! Im new here! I really need help identifying this model, because I want to restore it and Im missing the whole cartridge! Im in Portugal, and, as far as I know, the brand is "Brandt Eletronics" and the model I think is "SM-602/E, number 2851", not sure if that is a local or global reference. I've been in contact with V-M Audio Enthusiasts, from Michigan, and, after some research from both parts, we were able to conclude that it was made in France. There are some remarkably close models as well, under the brand of Thomson, as in here: https://picclick.fr/Tourne-Disque-Electrophone-Thomson-Orange-Vintage-Annees-70-325220383732.html .
I'd be really fortunate if someone was able to tell me, for sure, what model mine is and what cartridge it would take.

Attachments

• 0fe7b42c-dfdb-41ec-acc5-d25625747cfb.jpg
    0fe7b42c-dfdb-41ec-acc5-d25625747cfb.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 31
  • d8dfb762-70bf-4a65-8dfe-e32ce9884bee.jpg
    d8dfb762-70bf-4a65-8dfe-e32ce9884bee.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 30

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
Welcome. I can’t help you with the turntable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing