Hello - new to this and need help.

CarlaBrightside

Sep 13, 2019
So, I've been given a NAD amplifier and some speakers that are powered by the amp. Looking for something to work with these. I am a complete and utter novice but really want to get more into music and really need help. Someone on another forum suggested I post in here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
How about some better specifics and budget?

What kind of media do you want to use?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Carla what device do you usually play music from? Your phone perhaps?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Your NAD amplifier, is it an integrated amplifier, with stereo analog RCA input jacks on the back, and a volume control and a source selector on the front?

And welcome to WBF. :)

If you need more assistance, like how to connect your NAD to your speakers ...

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerD

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Or you can go wireless (Bluetooth) ...

You can sync your phone, tablet, laptop or PC and play any music from them to your NAD amplifier, without wires and even if you have an old amplifier (integrated amp, preamp).

Voilà Bluetooth worldwide music transmission @ its best.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerD

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi Carla,
I like your avatar picture, btw. Could you share your secret and tell us which NAD amplifier and speaker set have you got? Would you like to invest in some gear and if yes then what's your limitations or are you aiming simply make most what what you already have? Are you more of a wired or wireless type of a music listener?

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That is a nice chillout tune, reminds me of Donavon Frankenreiter, Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz. If you are into that kind of music try Stu Larsen - Chicago Song, if you do not know it already.

Reactions: NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The reason why I posted the video of "Brightside" is because I searched for CarlaBrightside music video and that was the closest and pleasant one that I could find.
I thought that it could bring back the OP (CarlaBrightside) to this thread and see his/her progress. That is all really. The tune is ok, but it's not the type of music I listen to personally; I'm more into Opera.

You are right that it has some Jack Johnson type of vocal in it and happy beat music.
I do have few albums of Jack Johnson.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
you guys seem to be talking to yourselves as the OP has all but vanished which makes me wonder about the legitimacy of the thread

perhaps you might get her input first if indeed she shows up as she hasn't been here since the thread was posted

Reactions: Folsom

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Nice. That was very smart of you. What kind of Opera are you into?

All

you guys seem to be talking to yourselves as the OP has all but vanished which makes me wonder about the legitimacy of the thread

perhaps you might get her input first if indeed she shows up as she hasn't been here since the thread was posted

We gave it our best shot; it's not the first time ...

* Sometime they don't come back, and sometime they do...and they are thankful.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing