Headphone EQ

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
Here's something I found that's no less than spectacular, it's headphone-specific, and for headphones whose sound falls within a more-or-less high fidelity range, the fixup is amazing. Most users assume you wouldn't change the soundstage or the 'constricted' effect with EQ, but it does work, and sometimes makes all the difference in the world.

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/thread/9667/headphone-equalization-audioforge-app

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
Kal posted about a headphone processor he tested at one time and IIRC really liked the results.

I've had a number of them, some subtle and some not so subtle, but they seem to mainly work from phase and timing manipulation. Anything they do on soundstage is very crude and won't work equally well with different types or examples of music. What I've outlined in this EQ document makes the improvement specific to the headphone so that everything is improved across the board.

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
more power to you, i also, am not afraid of individualized tonal preference, ie tone or equalization controls. its the ultimate personalization to match our ear/brain interfaces, press on dear man, press on and thanks for sharing.

I should point out that the settings I feature in the article were not derived from personal preference, or at least not to a large extent - they're based on a target response that's about 3 db shy of a Sennheiser HD800 in the treble, and very slightly warmer on the low end.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing