New York City
580071_10151114801758796_139485599_n.jpg

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Is it better to have a speaker that sucks or a speaker that blows? That is the question.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Days like those are long time gone now.

Today's 'bout dead pixels and synergy. :b ...Plus 3D, 8K, and all that technical applications jazz ....
...Auto Room EQ & Corrections, Room treatments, Bass traps, good quality music recordings, and Internet downloading (hi res & hi def).
...USB, HDMI, DACs, Upsampling, Downsampling, Upstreaming, Dowmstreaming, Global Warming,
Up converting, Down converting, and Adapting. :b

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
This guy showed me a 35+ year old system. It was just a Pioneer Receiver with some bookshelf speakers. He was so proud , till I came over for a listen. All the speaker surrounds have rotted away a long time ago. Still sounded good to him , before I arrived .

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---Ever have listened to your sound system for years till you discovered finally that one or the two speakers were connected out of phase?

C'mon now be honest; even you the professional audioman. :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---I know this guy, a true audiophile, and he had his two stereo speakers reversed exactly like you said. It took him six years to finally realize it!
...And not only that but the + and - (speaker connections) were also inverted, on both speakers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing