GT Audio Works Planar/Ribbon Speakers and Sound Insight Open Baffle Sub Woofers

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
No...let me clarify...Those AV walk up videos are not pre scripted or paid for.
Here are a couple of the walk ups Peter did at no charge

The ones you see like this one are paid for

Obviously the latter are more scripted.
There is a difference...Peter does a lot of free videos.
He simply offers his services at a later date.
Greg, this only suggests that when AV Showrooms were starting out, they offered their services for free to build their brand, before introducing charges when they'd built a decent following. That's a common marketing strategy. It doesn't suggest PB is Robin Hood. He is a businessman. Though it should now be easier to spot the Infomercials vs unscripted freebies..

Last edited:

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
Okay. My mistaken assumption — for which I apologize.

Thank you very much for detailing your personal experience with Peter B.
No problem Ron...Thanks for running a site where I can vent my opinions and observations.
Been on a few other forums and had issues with the powers that be.
You run a smooth , non hostile and unbiased ship.

May 30, 2010
Portugal
+1 as to your first paragraph.

However I think your last sentence is way over-broad. What does this even mean?

Do you mean the journalism and magazine review aspects of the industry?

I know my tube amplifiers are highly biased, but my turntable and speakers are not biased. :D
Sorry, what specific sentence didn't your understand?

Strictly speaking your speakers have an active section and are biased ... :cool:

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
Greg, this only suggests that when AV Showrooms were starting out, they offered their services for free to build their brand, before introducing charges when they'd built a decent following. That's a common marketing strategy. It doesn't suggest PB is Robin Hood. He is a businessman running a fee-for business. Though it should now be easier to spot the Infomercials vs unscripted freebies..
Yes he's here to make money..if thats a crime we are all guilty.
If you peruse youtube you will see he does a lot of freebees, and a lot of scripted as well....weather he does less freebies now and more paid for I dont know.
All I know is when I go to the gourmet food market, I buy a lot more stuff that I had not planned on buying due to free samples..so i guess the strategy works !

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Yes he's here to make money..if thats a crime we are all guilty.
If you peruse youtube you will see he does a lot of freebees, and a lot of scripted as well....weather he does less freebies now and more paid for I dont know.
All I know is when I go to the gourmet food market, I buy a lot more stuff that I had not planned on buying due to free samples..so i guess the strategy works !
Greg, I really wouldn't have a problem with PB charging every single room he walked into to shoot a video, so long as his videos were completely unbiased. But that's like expecting those late night ads for George Foreman grills to be unbiased. That said, I respect your advice to "let your ears decide", and further offer to reimburse the air fair if a customer decides to buy a pair of your speakers. That is backing your product which is good to see.

Last edited:

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
I find AV showrooms helpful in evaluating different systems, since he often plays the same track.
Obviously youtube cant give you that "you are there" feeling.
But I think it shows basic traits of different systems.
These are my GTA 2.5's (discontinued) selling for under $10k..maybe less I forget.
An old JVC CDP for a source with a Primaluna preamp...very modest gear.

Last edited:

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
Capital AudioFest 2019 http://capitalaudiofest.com/
Pass Labs and Basis Audio will be partnering with GT Audio Works and showing their reference products.
Triode Wire Labs will round out the system.
Hope to see some of you there.
Greg

Attachments

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing