Genesis V pic

Genesis56

Apr 7, 2015
Thought I'd post a speaker pic. My speakers look as though they just came off the factory floor. The rosewood finish on both speakers is stunning and this picture doesn't do the finish justice. I've recently spent some time fine tuning them for the room. I pulled them further from the back wall and I now realise I had previously set the subwoofer level too high. I've since lowered the subwoofer level setting from '25' to '17' and I've changed the phase angle from 25 to 30. Result = wow! I should have done this a long time ago.

Attachments

• IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 1,810
Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Wow, they indeed look as new !

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Gorgeous!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The veneer is beautiful!!

One piece of advice - if you have not already done so - is to get the servo-amp re-capped. The electrolytic caps in the amps power supply would be the first parts to fail, and if they fail, they can take the amp along with them. Any competent local electronic technician should be able to replace the caps in there with better/newer equivalent parts. Be sure that the tech is competent though. If he shorts out the on-board logic circuitry, the amp is toast as the parts are no longer available to fix them.

Beyond changing the phase on the servo-amp, you can further improve the coherence between the midrange and the bass. More information here: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?13993-Improving-Bass-Mid-bass-Coherence

We sell this as a ready-made cable, but you can also easily make your own.

Genesis56

Apr 7, 2015
Thanks guys for your kind comments. I'm still coming to terms with the incredible soundstage that these speakers throw out. The top to bottom coherency is unbeatable. I have to say that sadly, this 20 year old design runs rings around my Martin Logan Montis speakers in all aspects of music reproduction.

Gary, I recently had my whole system serviced by a technician familiar with the Genesis brand. He replaced the midrange drivers and the servo bass cables have had the connectors replaced. I was informed that the electrolytic caps appeared as new and didn't require any replacement at this stage. Hopefully he's right. Otherwise I'll take the servo amplifier back and get the technician to replace them anyway.

Kind regards.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks guys for your kind comments. I'm still coming to terms with the incredible soundstage that these speakers throw out. The top to bottom coherency is unbeatable. I have to say that sadly, this 20 year old design runs rings around my Martin Logan Montis speakers in all aspects of music reproduction.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have yet to hear a speaker brand that nails this like Genesis does.

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?
Thought I'd post a speaker pic. My speakers look as though they just came off the factory floor. The rosewood finish on both speakers is stunning and this picture doesn't do the finish justice. I've recently spent some time fine tuning them for the room. I pulled them further from the back wall and I now realise I had previously set the subwoofer level too high. I've since lowered the subwoofer level setting from '25' to '17' and I've changed the phase angle from 25 to 30. Result = wow! I should have done this a long time ago.

nice.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing