Genesis Repair Suggestions

Sully2

May 3, 2021
Time to get my "A" system fixed and dialed in.
I need my M60 Monoblocks repaired reconditioned and possibly my Servo Sub 4/8 evaluated.With Genesis shutdown I was looking for recommendations in SoCal. I reside in Orange County and was recommended George Meyer in LA for the M60's by some high end retailers here. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Ketran

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Genesis shutdown? We are still going strong. We are approaching our 30th Anniversary, and I'm designing some new products to celebrate.

If you are looking to repair and recondition your M60's George Meyer in LA would be a good spot. When you send the amps to them, they can contact us for schematics which we will be happy to provide. Unfortunately, my tube tech retired.

Reactions: jorgep

Sully2

May 3, 2021
Excellent!! I must have misread a post and then a misdirected Google search, I'll take them into George.
My S4/8 was also having some issues not powering up and then a cracking noise, I set it aside for a year and it began working again, except for certain bass notes that caused a chattering effect. This mostly cleared by tightening of screws around the drivers and also decreasing the bass gain quite a bit, might be time to have it looked at also. Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing