Genesis in the Stratosphere

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
One of the best aspects of this job is that I get to travel, meet interesting people, and leave them happy. Here's the (photo) story of a recent visit - to the owner of a pair of 16 year old Genesis 1.1 loudspeakers installed at over 9,000 ft (3,000m) above sea level. I was in Denver, and had to drive cross the Continental Divide.

East of the Continental Divide, all rivers flow East, West of the Continental Divide, all rivers flow West.

Loveland.jpg

The speakers were installed in one of the most gorgeous homes I have ever seen. Designed after the philosophies of Frank Lloyd Wright, it perfectly exemplified organic architecture. Walking through the house, as a home it flowed with humanity; the spaces working together to feel natural and welcoming and integrated into the landscape and the environment. Large windows, organic materials and careful craftsmanship combined to make the house feel at one with the environment.

Exquisite - but understated.

House View.jpg

The speakers were an original Genesis 1.1 - with all original drivers, amplifier and cables. Still in pristine condition and sounding excellent driven by Audio Research Reference 210 Monoblock Amplifiers.

Gen 1.1.jpg

It was the perfect time to visit as the house is on a ridge in an Aspen forest. The Fall colours were spectacular on the road leading up to the house - situated in one of the most environmentally designed communities in Colorado.

Almost There.jpg

It was more of a social visit than anything else - I was in the "neighborhood" for RMAF. But I couldn't resist - I ended up tweaking the system to make it sound better, and left the owner very happy. He said it sounded like he got a huge upgrade and a new pair of speakers......

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I thought I saw the system too, but I don't recall the gorgeous house and views.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing