Genesis & Gary at the Hong Kong Show 2018

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Gary's in Hong Kong setting up for the big show that starts tomorrow. August 10, 2018. In his own words:

Setting and tuning for the Hong Kong show. This is similar to the set up I had at CES in Las Vegas this year. The Viola Chorale integrated amplifier with Genesis Maestro loudspeakers. I feel that this is one of those magical pairings that transcend price and reputation.
HK_Show_2018.jpg

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Happy the man is the one who's making his living by doing his hobby - George Bernard Shaw, loosely quoted.

Gary is the man in my book. Good luck to Genesis and Gary in HK.

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
Pairing the Mastero with a high quality integrated amp is a good idea.
With Chorale, the combo was neat and tidy and gave very good sound at the Show.

Are the other top integrated amps in the markets also good matches?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
what a beautiful finish to that speaker.I bet it sounded every bit as good as it looked
Thanks, Steve. That's high-gloss ebony - a special custom finish. The Maestro has been getting great response since it was commercially launched this year. Next show in 2 weeks in GuangZhou!!

Gary,...Congratulations! Beautiful setup!!! How do these compare to the 5.3s?
<Corrected post....should have typed '5.3s'

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing