FS: Backert Labs Rhythm 1.1 Linestage Tube Preamplifier!

paul79

Nov 2, 2014
OK, USA
www.manymoonsaudio.com
$5750 bank check, MO, Paypal. Paypal is plus fees (3%). Plus actual insured shipping. Original box/packing, stock tubes, remote, tube access door, power cord are included (everything). As a sweetener, I will throw in my favorite tubes with this preamp. The RCA COMMAND 5814's. These will be truly NOS never used perfect tubes (I have many of them)

This is the flagship preamp from Backert Labs. Company that specailizes in preamps only, and boy did they get this one right. Beautiful example in every way.

It offers the use of 12AU7/ECC82/5814 tubes (a pair, one for each channel) so you can tailor the sound near endlessly. It is super responsive to the differences in the various brands of tubes. It truly allows you to hear what the tube offers, and allows this preamp to mate and be right at home in any system.

Uniquely, it offers a complete film capacitor topology, even in the power supply. This essentially makes it infinitely reliable, as there are no pesky electrolytic capacitors to wear out and or muddy up the sound. Nobody else in the industry offers a complete film cap power supply that I know of, for a preamp. It uses V-Cap Teflons as well for this!

This feature offers easy to hear advantages over typical power supplies. Everything is so fast, so clean/clear, and very dynamic. What first strikes is this amazing clarity to the sound. Grunge you don't know is there is stripped away, allowing you to dive into your music as far as you want to go. It is unlike anything else with regards to musical flow. The performance becomes whole, and this makes the talent and emotion of the artist's more on display. PRAT. Once experienced, this is kind of surprising sonically vs. the norm. Small details become obvious and effortless, and the ability to follow each and every musical line from all the artist's as individuals is absolutely thrilling!! Image focus is "artists in the room with you" spooky realism with massive scale. Images are large and very real in presence and height. Bass is worth a complete review all by itself, as this seems to be the thing that most preamps struggle to get right. It is focused bass, very dynamic, with plenty of slam. At the same time, it is the most musical sounding preamp I have ever heard. It is never strident, never bright, never bloated, not analytical, and has an ability to bring out the best qualities of the tubes. It does not sound like solid state, nor does it favor overly tubey flavor. It sounds like music. Very big beautiful transparent music, with no grain/glare whatsoever.

What they managed to get a 12AU7 to sound like is amazing! Never knew a 12AU7 could sound so enveloping until I heard this preamp.

It also offers a very low output impedance and plenty of drive, so there is not an amplifier out there this preamp won't run. It is a linestage only, and all inputs/outputs are single ended RCA.

Remote controls volume.

Another feature that I think is an absolute must, is balance control!

This preamp is upgraded with Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil coupling caps. These were chosen for their supreme clarity, resolution, richer presentation, and very precise soundstage accuracy.

I have 100% perfect feedback on AudioGon, Ebay, many forums. paul79 on AudioGon, buddy1jackrussel on Ebay. Feel free to check me out, and PM me for more references if you like.

This preamp is deserving of the best most difficult systems to satisfy. I cannot find any flaws in its presentation at all. There is no "it could have a bit more" or "it could have a bit less". Very balanced, really quite perfect sounding preamp. I would very much like for this preamp to find a home with someone on this forum. I do love this preamp, and if not for needing some funds right now, it would not be for sale!

Thanks for looking. Ask me anything :) Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Last edited:

Kabik

Aug 14, 2016
Hi Paul, I am interested at $5000. If you agree, we can look for reasonable shipping to Europe (Prague, Czech Republic). PayPal is my preferred method of payment. Is the power supply switchable to 230-240 volts? Cheers, Martin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing