For the owners of the humboldt audionet

ciro71

Dec 16, 2019
Hello, I own a beautiful Humboldt Integrated Amplifier audionet, I noticed that there is a fairly noticeable hum when I put my head on the amp, do I have to worry? Thanks for a possible answer.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Hello, I own a beautiful Humboldt Integrated Amplifier audionet, I noticed that there is a fairly noticeable hum when I put my head on the amp, do I have to worry? Thanks for a possible answer.
Try the new ifi dc blocker, you can always send it back, not sure if its detrimental to the overall sound or not as its just available now.

ciro71

Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply, but is there anyone trying to get close to the amplifier to see if they hear any hum?

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Thanks for the reply, but is there anyone trying to get close to the amplifier to see if they hear any hum?
Thats what iam referring to, its possibly down to DC on your mains! This maybe causing the hum.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Call Bill Parish at GTT Audio in New Jersey. He is the North American distributor and will be able to trouble shoot with you. FWIW, my Audionet MAXs are dead silent in my system.

GTT Audio
Monday—Friday: 8:30AM–6:30PM EST

ciro71

Dec 16, 2019
Call Bill Parish at GTT Audio in New Jersey. He is the North American distributor and will be able to trouble shoot with you. FWIW, my Audionet MAXs are dead silent in my system.

GTT Audio
Monday—Friday: 8:30AM–6:30PM EST
Thanks for the reply but I am writing from Italy

Fohlenfan

Aug 28, 2016
I fear it will not help you to ask other users. Humming and Noise Trouble are often an individual problem depending on your net and power infrastrucure at home. I owned about 10 or more high end equipments who did not do a single noise at a dealers place, but were badly humming at my home.
it could be all kind of equipment. Amps, streamers, dac‘s, power-filters. Had everything from this in the past. It just depends on the power implementation in the equipment. Some are noisy some are dead quiet. And I tried a lot of things to solve that issues. Dc Blockers, line filter, voltage reducer. But if you are unlucky nothing helps.

ciro71

Dec 16, 2019
I fear it will not help you to ask other users. Humming and Noise Trouble are often an individual problem depending on your net and power infrastrucure at home. I owned about 10 or more high end equipments who did not do a single noise at a dealers place, but were badly humming at my home.
it could be all kind of equipment. Amps, streamers, dac‘s, power-filters. Had everything from this in the past. It just depends on the power implementation in the equipment. Some are noisy some are dead quiet. And I tried a lot of things to solve that issues. Dc Blockers, line filter, voltage reducer. But if you are unlucky nothing helps.
Thanks Fohlenfan for the reply, I noticed that the hum increases in the evening in the morning the noise is reduced to a minimum.

Fohlenfan

Aug 28, 2016
No no as soon as I finish listening I turn everything off
So it is likely that the transformer will become saturated during the day And not that there are voltage differences through the net, that causes the issues i fear.

Fohlenfan

Aug 28, 2016
what do you advise me to do?
You can try a DC Blocker or a voltage reducer, but as I told you before, if things run bad nothing will help.
by the way. I like your speakers. I know two persons owning them and they using it with complete Nagra set up. Unbelievable good to my ears.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
It does sound like a DC issue, secondly mains voltage on the high side for the power section of your Humboldt. Can you measure your mains AC?

audio1

Jul 5, 2016
One other thing worth checking is the polarity of your power cord. On my Heisenbergs the Phase or positive connection is on the right hand side of the IEC inlet. (earth pin on top) It should be on the left according to the IEC standard. Looking at photographs it also appears to be the wrong way round on the Humboldt. The phase and neutral in the power cord have to be switched around.

Reactions: christoph

ciro71

Dec 16, 2019
It does sound like a DC issue, secondly mains voltage on the high side for the power section of your Humboldt. Can you measure your mains AC?
I can do it but I already tell you that during the day it changes

ciro71

Dec 16, 2019
One other thing worth checking is the polarity of your power cord. On my Heisenbergs the Phase or positive connection is on the right hand side of the IEC inlet. (earth pin on top) It should be on the left according to the IEC standard. Looking at photographs it also appears to be the wrong way round on the Humboldt. The phase and neutral in the power cord have to be switched around.
I'll check the buzz tonight, but I update you that it was phase reversed

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing