FOR SALE: Antipodes Audio Reference Balanced XLR, 5 Meter length, $4750 OBO

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
DSC06611.JPG

These are effectively new cables. Mint condition. Unshielded wire made from pure gold and silver ingots wound in organic cotton. These are the best cables I have ever owned. They best High Fidelity Ultimate Reference, Audience and anything I have auditioned. These have the advantages of silver cables without any associated harshness or fatigue. The 24k gold ground wire is the key attribute.

I converted from a DHT preamp system to OTL/OCL. The circuitry of the new Preamp introduces a transformer if a balanced connection is used. This colors the sound noticeably. So I am now having unbalanced cables built - 33 feet!

I have sold the entire loom - 1, 2, 3 meter lots. I have replaced with unbalanced cable and the sound is sublime! These cables would not have been sold off if I was implementing a balanced system.

Cables are in Mint condition! 2 years old so I am downgrading to 9/10. These cables need no introduction and currently are not in production. $2250/Meter retail. $4750!!! OBO.

I will ship internationally and do so often. Shipping costs and Import duty is the responsibility of the buyer. I recommend insuring for the true replacement value for these cables.

Note: These cables can be split by the manufacturer. Email Antipodes directly. Willing to consider a discount to help facilitate this process should multi-cables be a benefit for the buyer.

DSC06610.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing