CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
At Audio Show Deluxe 2023 ?

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
At Audio Show Deluxe 2023 ?

I visited this room a number of times on the Saturday. Very interested to hear FM, in particular here as it was a full system including speakers. One of the brands spoken of in hushed tones but rarely seen!

Touraj was playing vinyl from his big Vertere turntable throughout when I was in the room. A nice variety of genres, all spun with a big smile. There was quite some bounce on the TT as he changed records, the first surprise.

Unfortunately for this listener it was a disappointing experience, very surprised as I'd had high hopes. I tried various positions in the room but nothing moved me, sound wise. The feel for me was of one of the many mid-end systems owners have carefully put together, think, tubes with Tannoy Monitor Golds... Very nice to listen too, nothing at all wrong but lacking the presence and physical sense of live music. Not for me but there may have been others who enjoyed the systems qualities more.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing