Flemming Rasmussen is back with a new amp company...

EiK

Jan 22, 2021

200 watts/channel at ~$70k according to our YT friend, Jay. part of the Borreson group now.
Yes this is correct. He have joined Audio Group Denmark as a advisor in development and design. I have been on a visit at their factor in Aaloborg, and met him. I also heard his new amplifier, the integrated Aavik I-880. 200 watt class A. It is weighs only about 20-30 kg, and are not particulary hot when in use (!). Its sound where amazing, playing with Børresen 05 SS and Anzus top cables and power distributor. They have also the preamp S-880 and power amp P-880, both costing the same as I-880, about EUR 75.000. Monoblocks is also on the way, and will be designed as towers (a larger version of the P-880). So. look at for this amplifiers. I have heard the Gryphon Apex/Commander in another setting, and think Gryphon have a new contender.

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Two words: ...noooo waaaaayyyy! That is great news...look forward to finding out more. As an owner for nearly 12 consecutive years from Antileon to Colosseum to Mephisto...even if I have found a remarkable Class A design in the Robert Kodas which are truly, truly special...its always great to see some of the big greats in the business keep pioneering. Dan D'Agostino after Krell is another great name in amplification who created a new company.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing