First listen to Borrresen 03

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I had a chance to listen to the recently released Borresen bigger floor stander today

I had spent a few days getting used to an all Ansuz and Aavik system with P300 and M300 very sweet transparent amplifiers cabling was ansuz D2 with all ansuz power cables

Source was the accustic arts drive and tube dac combo which is very lovely and refined

Today they put the Borresen s in

It’s certainly a very refined and fast sound without being harsh

Tympani was very vivid and real with no overhang

Sax had amazing detail

I thought the system lacked a bit of colour in that massed strings sounded wiry, and sax had no brassiness, the speakers have been played for about 2 months

I had previously listened to Gauder akustik DARC 100 in the same system which although not having quite the tarnsparency did the timbre of instruments better, but with less depth

I thought the Borresen approached electrostatic transparency but feel I need to hear in a better room, maybe bigger, and tweak the speaker positioning

Interested in others listening experience with this speaker

Interesting the AAVIK amps are very sweet and transparent almost as if the sweetness is a colouration

But very very listenable ,actually they never annoy, maybe a bit lacking in body but they do do violin and cello reasonably well in terms of wooden body and massed strings, this was with the Gauder not the Borresen

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I had a chance to listen to the recently released Borresen bigger floor stander today

I had spent a few days getting used to an all Ansuz and Aavik system with P300 and M300 very sweet transparent amplifiers cabling was ansuz D2 with all ansuz power cables

Source was the accustic arts drive and tube dac combo which is very lovely and refined

Today they put the Borresen s in

It’s certainly a very refined and fast sound without being harsh

Tympani was very vivid and real with no overhang

Sax had amazing detail

I thought the system lacked a bit of colour in that massed strings sounded wiry, and sax had no brassiness, the speakers have been played for about 2 months

I had previously listened to Gauder akustik DARC 100 in the same system which although not having quite the tarnsparency did the timbre of instruments better, but with less depth

I thought the Borresen approached electrostatic transparency but feel I need to hear in a better room, maybe bigger, and tweak the speaker positioning

Interested in others listening experience with this speaker

Interesting the AAVIK amps are very sweet and transparent almost as if the sweetness is a colouration

But very very listenable ,actually they never annoy, maybe a bit lacking in body but they do do violin and cello reasonably well in terms of wooden body and massed strings, this was with the Gauder not the Borresen

Any more experience with the Borresens since your last audition ?
I'm interested in the 03s but not paired with Aavik amps but rather CH Precison or Vitus.
Ansuz cables seems the best match for Borresen speakers right ?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Any more experience with the Borresens since your last audition ?
I'm interested in the 03s but not paired with Aavik amps but rather CH Precison or Vitus.
Ansuz cables seems the best match for Borresen speakers right ?
Hi yes I have heard them with ch precision also very good, and best with ansuz cables as they are internally wired with this cabling
the transparency is their with Ch precision but not as “sweet” i suppose as not class A

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing