Favorite TV shows thread

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Can you please recommend your favorite TV shows in a consolidated manner, we all have time to try them all out in lockdown.

Here are mine

Top recommended:

Inside no.9 on BBC iPlayer/britbox - more intelligent than yes minister. 30 minute independent episodes. Watch first episode, and if you like it, you will love it, jump to season 2 and watch straight through to season 4

Brooklyn 99 - slapstick. Hilarious.
The good place - very nice comedy that keeps you engaged for 4 seasons.

Silicon Valley season 1 is also good for silly comedy

Trollhunters - animation, on par with Pixar's best

Followed by: watchmen and the boys, both good thrillers

Succession, great drama and comedy. Boardwalk Empire seems to be equally good.

Black mirror: independent episodes.

bodyguard, nice short thriller

If you haven't watched already, Dexter season 3 and 4, and 24 season 5 are the best of the older shows.

After the above, Marcella and The Sinner season 2 are enjoyable murder mystery thrillers.

Avoid: homeland (totally boring), designated survivor (first half of season 1 is good), Mindhunter. People like Fauda, I found it too slow and poorly acted and directed. Jack Bauer would have finished this in 3 episodes.

For cricket lovers: the Test on Amazon Prime (Live following of the Australian team after the ball tampering scandal through to the ashes) and the Selection on Netflix.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You're so young Ked, I almost envy you Lol.
My fave shows are way before these.
Only Breaking Bad and Curb Your Enthusiasm from last two decades breaks into my top list.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You're so young Ked, I almost envy you Lol.
My fave shows are way before these.
Only Breaking Bad and Curb Your Enthusiasm from last two decades breaks into my top list.

I don't rate BB. Well I do like yes minister but that is too old to recommend now.

I couldn't find Yellowstone here will look on the web

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You're kidding, yes? Not about BB, that's all personal taste. But Yes Minister being too old, that's crazy. That is Top Ten all time comedy, no arguments. By your argument, let's junk Pete and Dud, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, MASH, Taxi, Cheers.

Reactions: BMCG

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You're kidding, yes? Not about BB, that's all personal taste. But Yes Minister being too old, that's crazy. That is Top Ten all time comedy, no arguments. By your argument, let's junk Pete and Dud, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, MASH, Taxi, Cheers.

No I mean I love it but whoever has not seen it won't see it and those who would have already.

That's why I mentioned that the first show I saw when wittier than yes minister was inside no.9

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ozark is a must see. A baby version of Breaking Bad. Season 3 was absolutely epic

I saw Ozark season 1, nice. Second was too slow first two episodes so gave up.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There are also many excellent documentaries worth watching

I saw Epstein, that was a good coverage, to the point, shocking how corrupt the system is. Have seen the tiger one half way. Will finish it some point

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing