Entreq Tellus grounding

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have a strong impression that P-O is quite possibly Per Olof, the founder of Entreq or someone quite close. I have to say, having compared (and been the author of a long comparison) Tripoint and Entreq...I am very pleased to own both, used 'mainly' separately as per above. The combination is really great, entirely additive...and while I preferred the original Tripoint Troy over the Silver Tellus at the time...one also must consider the price differential between was also multiples higher for the TroySE.

As Mike L has said, the performance difference between the 2 in his system was also in keeping with the price differential. I am pleased to say that Entreq's Pluton performance is also of a different league in relation to the Silver Tellus...and also to the Troy SE...but once again, the comparison now flips the other way: Troy SE is a 12 year old design (or older?) and the cost of the latest combination of Entreq we are now contemplating is also greater.

Overall, well done Entreq...a strong advocate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Yes, I am trialing a whole bunch of them right now...in the latest Entreq Pluton and Olympus Infinity Tungsten...stock, vs Everest vs Peak 4. Pretty much prefer the Peak 4 over the Everest which occasionally can sound a touch thin despite its quite lively sound. In 2 cases, I have taken the less clear stock over the Everest because it seemed to tip the balance just out of the original more weighty standard of the original sound of the system which I aim (as much as possible) to preserve as a base line.

The Peak 4 by contrast seems to maintain the original tonal balance/color better than the Everest while also creating similar gains in detail, a fleet-of-foot EASE which is what Entreq does well generally...and also with a certain amount of solidity/density/impact.

My understanding is some who have auditioned have nearly always done a wholesale replacement of original Everest with Peak 4. We never had many Everests originally...but true to that form, appear likely to end up with none...and all Peak 4s.

Currently auditioning:

- Chassis Zanden + Torus: Tripoint Troy SE (own)
- Signal Grounding of System + Robert Koda: Dual Entreq Plutons with Olympus grounding cables and Peak 4s
You said in your comments above that "....We never had many Everests originally....." which made me wonder who "We" is. Are you an Entreq dealer or otherwise affiliated with Entreq?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
You said in your comments above that "....We never had many Everests originally....." which made me wonder who "We" is. Are you an Entreq dealer or otherwise affiliated with Entreq?
Nope...i always say 'we' as in our family who enjoy listening to music as well. Just a simple audiophile.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Gentlemen.

It makes me very happy, Entreq and Tripoint work well together, because Tripoint make in my opinion very, very good products and are in fact the only other brand, when it´s comes to grounding that I really respect.

Both our companies started work with grounding around 20 years ago. And true the years we have followed our own lines and never looked on each other’s solutions. Most of the other brands who works with grounding had only few years on the neck. And that’s OK. They can have very good products even if they are new. We all must start somewhere and I´m sure it will end up in many good new solutions.

What makes me frustrated is when guys claim that they have tested products and give an impression of knowledge when they don’t.

Also, I´ve tried to change my profil so it shows I´m a manufacturer, but I can not find how to do.
Can someone please help me with that?
1--click on your name;
1647461429035.png

2--then click on your signature
1647461516017.png

3--fill in the box with your industry info and hit 'save'. then go look at one of your posts and edit it if need be by just repeating the process..

Last edited:

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
Thank you Lloyd and Mike.
I´ve tried do as you say, but it don´t work. But at least it show up in the system line

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
Obvious from your content that you were a manufacturer or dealer. Grounding boxes of all different makes can be used in the same system, but they don’t work “together” strictly speaking. You do not for example connect Tripoint and Entreq devices together or use both on the same component. It is also true if you look at all of the WBF and other forum commentary, reviews, and show reports that all of the “grounding” boxes - Tripoint, Entreq, CAD, Nordost Qkore, SGS, Russ Andrews, Puritan, etc. work to some extent to reduce noise. Except for Tripoint I haven’t seen any basis other than system synergy and individual tastes for preferring one brand over another. If you look at all of the commentary including posts on WBF, Tripoint appears to be in a different league than the others for most systems. This is what one would expect (hope) given the price differential.
Sorry, but I don’t understand what you want to tell me with this?

I can not see what it has to do with reviewers who say they know our brand very well, when they never have tested any products from us. We have never, ever been in touch with this guy. So, it is nothing but a lie when he say he know us.

We released our new Tungsten line in Aug 2021. And I think all who test a box from Tungsten line agree that it is a different animal compared with the Infinity boxes. And the Infinity boxes at that time when they were introduced gave a big leap in performance compared with the original Tellus.
No one who have not tested our new Tungsten line can say they know Entreq of today.

As I told before, I think Tripoint is very good. I have never tested or used any items from them myself, so I have no practical experience, but all who use Tripoint seems to be very happy with the quality. I have never heard any negative comments about Tripoint. So, yes Tripoint is good.

From my point of view, units must work together strictly speaking. They are all in a system tied together with cables and must work together. Once you connect with a cable, its no longer a unit. It is a part of a system. If you change the Power cord to your phono stage to a “better”, it could end up in that your DAC sounds better and your phono stage drop in performance.
If you change the power supply to your Router or a switch its not sure it will be that big impact on the digital sources, but it can end up in that your phono stage will sound way better.

Before I often said that we listen to the wall socket. But that was wrong. Today I say we listen to the main central. Even the fuses have a big impact on what come out from the speakers and reach your ears.

Everything matters and must work together. So also the Groundboxes and cables.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you Lloyd and Mike.
I´ve tried do as you say, but it don´t work. But at least it show up in the system line
Welcome, Per Olof. I see your Founder of Entreq listed under your post. I think it is not in your signature, but at least I can see it in your post.

I will try to provide members here some further impression of your Tungsten line which is remarkable in a few days and (if you have the time) would appreciate some guidance for those (including myself) who may have questions about your experience with grounding (chassis/signal/etc).

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Sorry, but I don’t understand what you want to tell me with this?

I can not see what it has to do with reviewers who say they know our brand very well, when they never have tested any products from us. We have never, ever been in touch with this guy. So, it is nothing but a lie when he say he know us.

We released our new Tungsten line in Aug 2021. And I think all who test a box from Tungsten line agree that it is a different animal compared with the Infinity boxes. And the Infinity boxes at that time when they were introduced gave a big leap in performance compared with the original Tellus.
No one who have not tested our new Tungsten line can say they know Entreq of today.

As I told before, I think Tripoint is very good. I have never tested or used any items from them myself, so I have no practical experience, but all who use Tripoint seems to be very happy with the quality. I have never heard any negative comments about Tripoint. So, yes Tripoint is good.

From my point of view, units must work together strictly speaking. They are all in a system tied together with cables and must work together. Once you connect with a cable, its no longer a unit. It is a part of a system. If you change the Power cord to your phono stage to a “better”, it could end up in that your DAC sounds better and your phono stage drop in performance.
If you change the power supply to your Router or a switch its not sure it will be that big impact on the digital sources, but it can end up in that your phono stage will sound way better.

Before I often said that we listen to the wall socket. But that was wrong. Today I say we listen to the main central. Even the fuses have a big impact on what come out from the speakers and reach your ears.

Everything matters and must work together. So also the Groundboxes and cables.
You continue to not get this. I posted a review of a grounding device designed specifically for speakers, which Entreq doesn’t offer. The reviewer mentioned Entreq tangentially but did not assess or critique any of your products. You could have responded by talking about how your products can be used with speakers- that would have been relevant to the original post and might have provided useful information for WBF posters, which is what I joined this forum for-to learn from the experiences of others. Instead you chose to make it about you by attacking the reviewer, which provides absolutely nothing of value for other posters. In subsequent posts you push your products without every addressing the original subject-grounding for speakers, and insult the intelligence of every experienced audiophile by talking about how everything needs to work together. Happy to hear real insights and suggestions from you (or any manufacturer) based on your experience. Not interested in advertising via this forum.

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
OK, seems that we are two who not get it.
We offer dedicated entry kits for neg speaker grounding.

Thank you for your time.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
OK, seems that we are two who not get it.
We offer dedicated entry kits for neg speaker grounding.

Thank you for your time.
Then why didn’t you mention that in response to my speaker-specific original post instead of just attacking the reviewer? Why not provide links to reviews/commentary from people who have used your products on speakers, instead of just having a tantrum?

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
Yes, why didn´t I? Please read the cut from my first post.

We now have a dedicated entry kit “ Macro Twin Kit “ that include all you need for do neg speaker grounding. Cables and boxes in one kit, just unpack, plug in and play.
The cost in Scandinavia is 8 000 Sek.
Well, I don’t know if it is the current situation in the world or it´s just the fact that I slowly reach the point where enough is enough that made me so upset when I read in another thread here on the forum about neg speaker grounding.

Interesting review from Marshall Nack at Positive Feedback of the new Fono Acustica Compas speaker grounding box (link below), which he finds to have a different impact on his system than the "usual suspects" grounding boxes (e.g., Nordost Qkore, Entreq). The only other speaker-specific grounding box I'm aware of is Tripoint's $40K/pr. Empress
The issue is, I don´t like when anyone use us as reference without have any knowledge about our products.
I don´t like when they call our products suspect.

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
Welcome, Per Olof. I see your Founder of Entreq listed under your post. I think it is not in your signature, but at least I can see it in your post.

I will try to provide members here some further impression of your Tungsten line which is remarkable in a few days and (if you have the time) would appreciate some guidance for those (including myself) who may have questions about your experience with grounding (chassis/signal/etc).
Thank you Lloyd and I hope you will be satisfied with the items you test.

I will do my best for guide and help.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you Lloyd and I hope you will be satisfied with the items you test.

I will do my best for guide and help.
Thank you very much! I am nearly there! I will probably come back to you with some questions.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I just got the Peak 4 and installed it on my Silver Tellus. Just a few moments in and at least right now, there seems to be a tipped up upper midrange/ treble. Does it need break in time?

ozzy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I just got the Peak 4 and installed it on my Silver Tellus. Just a few moments in and at least right now, there seems to be a tipped up upper midrange/ treble. Does it need break in time?

ozzy
Interesting...was this in comparison to the stock wooden binding post or an Everest?

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden

ozzy
It will take 24-36 hours before it settled. Silver Tellus is a big box and it take time before the Peak have implemented. You will get impact from the Peak on all bindingposts, not only on the one you put it on.

Reactions: Raizen

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks, LL21, and P-O. I replaced the regular wooden post with the Peak 4. Does it matter which post I use? Closer to the middle or the edge?
I am also using Atlantis dual grounding spades cables. I will give it a couple more days before I judge.

ozzy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
It will take 24-36 hours before it settled. Silver Tellus is a big box and it take time before the Peak have implemented. You will get impact from the Peak on all bindingposts, not only on the one you put it on.
Hi P-O, one question relates to an observation I made:
- when unscrewing a Peak 4 from a binding post, the sound was changing as I was unscrewing it.
- I noticed after leaving it off for a few minutes, that the sound changed depending on the DEPTH to which I screwed it back on

The QUESTION is: do you think that the 'slight difference in sound' when only partly screwed on will eventually 'stabilize' so that it sounds no different between leaving it PARTLY screwed vs FULLY screwed?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, LL21, and P-O. I replaced the regular wooden post with the Peak 4. I am also using Atlantis dual grounding spades cables. I will give it a couple more days before I judge.

ozzy
Ah...that makes sense to me. For some reason, I thought I recalled you saying you were comparing Peak 4 vs Everest and was surprised you would hear a more tipped up balance vs the Everest.

If compared to original wooden, then YES...definitely, when I replace any of the original wooden binding posts, I find far greater nuance, delicate detail...listen for fingering on STRINGS but generally everywhere. Listen for slightly (ever-so-slight) hesitation when a pianist is playing notes in contrast to a bassist, or the extra pressure on a key that you will not find with the original wooden post...I definitely hear much more of that with a Peak 4 vs the original wood. And yes, in the case of treble, I do find this means greater illumination...as you can see below, I favor that over wooded in [literally] 9 cases out of 10. But it never strident nor hard sounding...on the contrary, I find it natural and illuminating in the best sense.

We now have something like 9 Peak 4s across the entire setup and each one has universally been better than the wooden. In only ONE case, where we have 7 woodens left, I have found in all 7 wooden posts that the 10th Peak 4 ever-ever-EVER-so slightly edges the balance to where the body of the instrument lightens to a near-infinitessimal small degree beyond where I 'think' the weight of the body of the instrument should be in 'real life' (a complete guess on my part) and thus the extra bit of detail is something I have decided I probably must leave it out in order to keep that 'body weight' of the instrument.

Whenever I play Yo Yo Ma cella (Bach Trios), the balance of the instrument always feels more 'right there performing in real life' by just a slight touch with the 10th Peak 4 NOT in the system...with the 10th Peak 4, the cello seems to lighten just a touch too much and does not have as much corporeal weight...but I cannot honestly say that this is not actually how Yo Yo Ma's own personal cello actually sounds (it is THAT subtle a change). But with the Peak 4 in, I ALSO enjoy hearing a bit more nuance/detail/clarity in the lowest notes of the double bass...so again, the 10th Peak 4 is right on the edge.

Net, net I am inclined to leave the 10th Peak 4 out...except that with the 10th Peak 4 only PARTLY screwed in, I did notice a 'potential middle ground' in the sound where you get most of the double bass detail but where you maintain most of the original corporeal weight of the cello. I just have not yet been able to determine if that middle ground is a permanent effect or if over time, the sound will stablize/settle to be the same as Peak 4 screwed on completely and tightly. (If it is going to ultimately stabilize, I will likely forgo the 10th Peak 4).

Hope that helps somewhat with one person's experience in real time.

Last edited:

Applegeekz

Mar 9, 2022
Hi,

I ordered the Pluton from my dealer and have the following questions

1. The Pluton has 3 boxes inside with 6 posts, can I successfully ground our system with the following equipment. Would it overload the Pluton and undermine the Sound Quality?

* Two Mono Block Power Amps (mass 46 kg/ea)
* Pre-amp (mass 24.6 kg)
* Dac (mass 24.4 kg)
* Digital Voicing Equalizer (mass 14.9 kg)

Pluton.jpg

2. What is the best way to ground our equipment? Is it via Chassis by unscrewing one of the bolts on the back Or via an empty slot either RCA or XLR?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing