DSS-Diaphragm from A&C Audio, Japan

KyoichiOda

Feb 10, 2021
Hello everyone.
I would like to introduce a new idea and technology,
DSS-Diaphragm, developed by A&C Audio in Japan.

dsss.jpeg
The key idea of DSS-Diaphragm:
1. It is pointless only seeing static characteristics, dynamic characteristics is much more important.
2. In order to improve the dynamic characteristics and transient, it is important to eliminate divided vibration. However, this is not easy with conventional cone-shaped diaphragms.
3. DSS-Diaphragm improves dynamic characteristics, achieves high response and high resolution with very high rigid diamond shaped shell structure by thoroughly excluding divided vibration.
bend.jpeg dva.jpeg

9ad1439bd29cd26b2287f3cbd2f8465d.jpg

Their another technology is floating mount of speaker unit:
1. The reaction force of speaker unit driving force propagates into the cabinet. This results muddy sound by cabinet resonances.
2. Speaker unit is mechanically insulated from the frame unit which is fixed to the cabinet to eliminate the cabinet resonances thoroughly.
200504b.jpg

I listened their latest product 'Dolphine', with 6cm DSS-Diaphragm full range unit.
IMG_20211030_143138.jpg
IMG_20211030_144654.jpg

As expected, they sound very high resolution and clearness, however these are not all.
I can hardly believe it sounds from 6cm small full range unit, so massive and powerful, beautiful tonality, realistic sound stage with decay as listening in real concert hall. I was really surprised, have never listened any speakers like this.

A&C Audio is developing larger 17cm DSS-Diaphragm speaker unit, then 10cm version will follow.
2-way and 3-way systems are planned in the future, these should be really a game changer.

Mr. Shimazu, the engineer who developed DSS-Diaphragm is happy to answer by e-mail if you have question:
info[at-mark]ac-audio.org

Last edited:
Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hello everyone.
I would like to introduce a new idea and technology,
DSS-Diaphragm, developed by A&C Audio in Japan.

View attachment 83954
The key idea of DSS-Diaphragm:
1. It is pointless only seeing static characteristics, dynamic characteristics is much more important.
2. In order to improve the dynamic characteristics and transient, it is important to eliminate divided vibration. However, this is not easy with conventional cone-shaped diaphragms.
3. DSS-Diaphragm improves dynamic characteristics, achieves high response and high resolution with very high rigid diamond shaped shell structure by thoroughly excluding divided vibration.
View attachment 83958 View attachment 83956

View attachment 83957

Their another technology is floating mount of speaker unit:
1. The reaction force of speaker unit driving force propagates into the cabinet. This results muddy sound by cabinet resonances.
2. Speaker unit is mechanically insulated from the frame unit which is fixed to the cabinet to eliminate the cabinet resonances thoroughly.
View attachment 83959

I listened their latest product 'Dolphine', with 6cm DSS-Diaphragm full range unit.
View attachment 83960
View attachment 83961

As expected, they sound very high resolution and clearness, however these are not all.
I can hardly believe it sounds from 6cm small full range unit, so massive and powerful, beautiful tonality, realistic sound stage with decay as listening in real concert hall. I was really surprised, have never listened any speakers like this.

A&C Audio is developing larger 17cm DSS-Diaphragm speaker unit, then 10cm version will follow.
2-way and 3-way systems are planned in the future, these should be really a game changer.

Mr. Shimazu, the engineer who developed DSS-Diaphragm is happy to answer by e-mail if you have question:
info[at-mark]ac-audio.org
Very interesting stuff.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing