drive Dynaudio Focus 380 suggestion

pigangry

Oct 14, 2016
I have a pair of Dynaudio Focus 380 and now is looking for the amp. I prefer integration amp because it is more easy for me to setup the audio system.

here is the list someone recommended to me so far, I'd like to hear any advice from you all. Thanks in advance!

FM NuVista 800
Simaudio 700i
Pass Labs Int-60
ARC + Pass
Devialet 400

I heard NuVista 800 driving Focus 380 in the shop. It sounds good but the dramatic seems not enough .
And I am also not sure Simaudio 700 is enough to drive 380.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Maybe add the Plinius Hiato to the list of candidates?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Eric,

You should also consider the Ayre AX-5 Twenty. Ayre is superb to my ear and will be awesome on the 380's. I am not sure where you are located but with a bit of a discount, it could be your destination integrated amp.

I'd also add the PS Audio BHK 250 and BHK preamp to the list.

pigangry

Oct 14, 2016
Joe,

thanks! I am going through the Ayre Ax-5 spec. It is quite new to me seems very excellent!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing