Does anyone know where I can get DMA200 transistors?

chungjh

Oct 2, 2019
Stephen Sank diagnosed the problem with my friend's Spectral DMA-200. There are several DMOS FET that are bad or about to go bad. I need 4 DMOS FET model VN0116N5 or VN0120N5. and then also need to replace 4 DMOS FET PN0116N5 or PN0120N5 that are probably near failure. Total 8 pieces. Does anyone know where my friend can source these? VNs are available but Sanks thinks that they are not authentic. Any help will be appreciated.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Sorry I don't have a source for you. But I am curious why they're all failing. This should not be. There's got to be something going on, like a thermal issue. I'd want your tech to diagnose the root cause.

chungjh

Oct 2, 2019
Matched with what? The VP mosfets specified should match with the rest of the system since they were used in the original amp, no?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing